Asha Facilitator Salary 2018 hiked! Modi cabinet's Diwali gift for thousands of women; All details here
Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on Wednesday approved the increase in supervisory visit charges for ASHA Facilitators.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on Wednesday approved the increase in supervisory visit charges for ASHA Facilitators from Rs. 250 per visit to Rs 300 per visit for 2018-2019 to 2019- 2020. The hike would be applicable with effect from October 2018 itself (to be paid in November, 2018). In an official statement, CCEA said that ASHA Facilitator will undertake about 20 supervisory visits per month. With the proposed increase, ASHA Facilitators would receive about Rs 6000 per month against Rs 5000 per month. Over 40,000 workers will benefit.
Key points of Modi Cabinet's Diwali pay hike gift for ASHA facilitators:
- Enrolment of ASHA facilitators under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha BimaYojana as part of ASHA Benefit package.
-To motivate ASHA facilitators to perform better, the supervisory visit charges for ASHA Facilitators has been increased from Rs. 250/-per visit to Rs. 300/- per visit w.e.f from October 2018 (to be paid in November, 2018).
- With the approved increase, ASHA Facilitators would receive about Rs 6000 per month against Rs 5000 per month, that is an increase of Rs 1000/- per month.
- The new decision will be implemented by the existing institutional mechanisms for the National Health Mission (NHM).
- The proposal would lead to an an estimated additional expenditure of Rs.46.95 crore comprising of Rs 15.65 crore during 2018-19 (for six months) and Rs.31.30 crore during 2019-20 as central share.
- The government's decision will benefit 41,405 ASHA facilitators.
Last month also, the Union Cabinet had taken several decisions for the benefit of ASHA workers and facilitators. These included: Coverage of 10,63,670 ASHAs and ASHA Facilitators under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana; Increase in routine and recurring incentives from Rs 1000 per month to Rs 2000 per month to benefit 10,22,265 ASHAs; Increase in honorarium for nearly 27,00,000 Anganwadi Workers/ Anganwadi Helpers