Income Tax return e-filing: LIVE! New website to be LAUNCHED SHORTLY; Check quick refund and other TOP features for TAXPAYERS
Income Tax new website Launch: Taxpayers wait for Income Tax return e-filing is about to end today, as the Income Tax Department will be launching its new website on Monday, June 7, 2021.
Taxpayers wait for Income Tax return e-filing is about to end today, as the Income Tax Department will be launching its new website on Monday, June 7, 2021. The development assumes significance as the Income Tax department has phased out old website and the services remained affected for six days, starting June 1, the message about which was communicated by IT DEpt on time-to-time to taxpayers to avoid any inconvenience.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
The Income Tax India will be launching its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on 7th June, 2021. As per, the Income Tax Department, the new e-filing portal is aimed at providing taxpayer convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers.
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) June 6, 2021
Income Tax new website top features:
1. New taxpayer friendly portal integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers
2. All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayer
3. Free of cost ITR preparation software available with interactive questions to help taxpayers for ITRs 1, 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) to begin with; Facility for preparation of ITRs 3, 5, 6, 7 will be made available shortly;
4. Taxpayers will be able to proactively update their profile to provide certain details of income including salary, house property, business/profession which will be used in pre-filling their ITR. Detailed enablement of pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend and capital gains will be available after TDS and SFT statements are uploaded (due date is June 30th, 2021);
5. New call center for taxpayer assistance for prompt response to taxpayer queries. Detailed FAQs, User Manuals, Videos and chatbot/live agent also provided.
6. Functionalities for filing Income Tax Forms, Add tax professionals, Submit responses to Notices in Faceless Scrutiny or Appeals would be available.
Furthermore, the Income Tax India also clarified that the new tax payment system will be launched on June 18th, 2021, after the advance tax instalment date to avoid any taxpayer inconvenience.
The mobile app will also be released subsequent to the initial launch of the portal, to enable taxpayers to get familiar with the various features. Familiarization with the new system may take some time, so, the department requests the patience of all taxpayers/stakeholders for the initial period after the launch of the new portal and while other functionalities get released since this is a major transition.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.