Yes Bank introduces UPI payments through its RuPay credit cards; Know how it works
Yes Bank customers can now link their RuPay credit cards with popular UPI apps like BHIM, Google Pay, Phone Pe, Paytm, Slice, MobiKwik, and others.
Yes Bank has finally launched UPI payments through its RuPay credit cards. Yes Bank customers can now link their RuPay credit cards with popular UPI apps like BHIM, Google Pay, Phone Pe, Paytm, Slice, MobiKwik, and others. The cards were previously just limited to doing POS/e-commerce-based transactions.With this new launch, users can make credit card payments through QR codes. The bank has also launched the ‘credit-free’ period feature for customers making transactions using UPI. Previously, the ‘credit-’free’ period was only available for PoS and e-commerce transactions.
Those who don't have a RuPay credit card can either convert their existing card into one or instead obtain a virtual YES BANK RuPay Credit Card, before linking it with their existing UPI applications. However, customers should note that this card is a virtual credit card and they will not be issued any physical plastic card.
Benefits of Yes Bank's RuPay credit card
As a virtual-only credit card, the Yes Bank RuPay Credit Card is more secure than most credit cards as there is no possibility of the physical card being stolen. Using the card will also give customers the chance to earn accelerated reward points on UPI transactions which can then be used with YES Rewardz. The credit card is also a good choice when making transactions in foreign currency as it only charges 2.75% as foreign currency markup.
Auto Stocks in Focus: Maruti Suzuki scales an all-time high; Tata Motors hits a 52-week high as auto stocks rally
Entrepreneur's planner: Expert shares 5 effective strategies for business owners to adeptly prepare for emergencies
Renewable energy capacity to reach 170 GW by March 2025 on moderation in module prices: ICRA Analyst
How to link Yes Bank RuPay credit card to UPI apps
1. Go to your UPI app and enter your login credentials
2. Next, select the option of 'Add Credit Card/ Link Credit Card'
3. From the given list of banks, find and select 'YES BANK'
4. Now, select your Yes Bank RuPay Credit Card to be linked and confirm.
5. Your card will be successfully linked to your UPI app.
How to make UPI transactions using Yes Bank RuPay credit card?
1. Go to your UPI app and enter your login credentials.
2. Following the normal procedure while making a payment, scan Merchant QR Code or enter the Merchant UPI ID.
3. Select your Yes Bank RuPay Credit Card from the drop-down list of payment options and complete the payment.