Bank holidays in October 2023: Banks to remain closed for 16 days; check out the complete list
Bank holidays in October 2023: According to the RBI's holiday calendar, most banks will remain closed for a total of 16 days in October, including the second and fourth Saturdays and all Sundays.
Bank holidays in October 2023: In October, branches of commercial banks, both public and private, will remain closed for an additional nine days on account of certain holidays. According to the RBI's holiday calendar, most banks will remain closed for a total of 16 days in October, including the second and fourth Saturdays and all Sundays. One needs to note that two holidays will overlap two weekend leaves (the second and fourth Saturday holidays).
Types of bank holidays
The RBI categorises bank holidays into four categories: holidays under the Negotiable Instruments Act, holidays under the Negotiable Instruments Act, real time gross settlement holidays and banks’ closing of accounts.
GST collection rises to Rs 1.67,929 lakh crore in November, records highest growth rate of 15% Y-o-Y
Brand Retention | 82% of existing Lava users likely to purchase next smartphone from same brand: Report
D-Street Newsmakers: Flair Writing, New India Assurance, Ashok Leyland among 10 stocks that hogged limelight today
India, Africa to be major contributors to 112 million barrel/day of peak global crude oil demand in 2030: S&P
Bank holidays in October 2023: Here's a full list of bank holidays in October 2023
Holidays under the Holidays Under Negotiable Instruments Act
- Bank holiday on October 2: Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti
- Bank holiday on October 14: Mahalaya
- Bank holiday on October 18: Kati Bihu
- Bank holiday on October 21: Durga Puja
- Bank holiday on October 23: Dusshera, Ayudha Pooja, Durga Puja, Vijaya Dasami
- Bank holiday on October 24: Dusshera/Dussehra/Durga Puja
- Bank holiday on October 25: Durga Puja
- Bank holiday on October 26: Durga Puja
- Bank holiday on October 27: Durga Puja
- Bank holiday on October 28: Lakshmi Puja
- Bank holiday on October 31: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel's birthday
These holidays will not be uniformly applied across the country and will vary from region to region as some holidays will be observed nationwide as public holidays while others will be treated as local holidays.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued a list of bank holidays on its official website- https://www.rbi.org.in/
|Hyderabad - Andhra Pradesh||•||•|
|Hyderabad - Telangana||•||•|