HAL hits its 4th 52-week high in a row; Cochin Shipyard rises as defence ministry discusses deals worth thousands of crores
Shipyard Stocks: The Indian Navy is set to get an aircraft carrier ship. The total worth of the order is expected to be Rs 25,000 crore. While the Army can get 68+96 LUH, the Air Force can also get 68+96 LUHand 97 MK-1 Tejas fighter jets.
Shipyard Stocks: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) hit the 52-week high for the fourth session in a row on BSE on Thursday (November 30), while the stock of Cochin Shipyard was also trading higher on a day when the defence ministry is meeting to discuss defence deals.
Cochin Shipyard was trading higher by 1.84 per cent, or Rs 21.45, at Rs 1185.45, while HAL was down by 0.60 per cent, or Rs 13.95, or Rs 2,329.70, at 9:48 am on Thursday.
In an exclusive report, Zee Business highlighted that the defence ministry officials were meeting on Thursday to decide about defence projects worth several thousand crores.
SIP vs SSY: Start SIP in daughter's name or invest money in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana? Know which may give better returns
The Indian Navy will get an aircraft carrier ship.
The total worth of the order is expected to be Rs 25,000 crore. While the Army can get 68+96 LUH, the Air Force can also get 68+96 LUHand 97 MK-1 Tejas fighter jets.
Why is HAL in focus?
- The PSU can can sell 12-15 advanced light helicopters to Philippines
- The deal is estimated to be worth Rs 2,200 crore possible
- HAL will increase fighter jet manufacturing capacity by the Year 2025
- The company's helicopter manufacturing capacity is also being increased
HAL's recent order wins
- Recently, the company also signed an agreement with Airbus
- The agreement was signed to establish CIVIL MRO facility in Nashik
- The company also inked a deal with Safran Aircraft to produce commercial engine parts
- The order book of HAL as of May 2023 stood at Rs 8,1784 crore
- The current estimated order book crossed Rs 1 lakh crore
- DAC also approved the proposals of Indian Air Force
- The purchase of 12 Su-30 MKI aircraft has also been approved by DAC
- Su-30 MKI Aircraft will also be made by HAL
02:05 PM IST