IRCTC IPO looms, Indian Railways arm files DRHP with Sebi; everything you need to know
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for its proposed initial public offering (IPO).
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for its proposed initial public offering (IPO). The IPO will be worth Rs 500 crore to Rs 600 crore. IRCTC is the only entity authorised by the Indian Railways to provide catering services to Indian Railways, online railway tickets and packaged drinking water at railway stations and trains in India.
IRCTC, a central public sector enterprise, has also diversified into other business segments like e-catering, executive lounges, and budget hotels. IRCTC operates one of the most transacted websites in the Asia Pacific region with transaction volume averaging at 25 million per month and 7.2 million logins a day. Over 1.4 million passengers travel on a daily basis of which 71.42 per cent book their tickets online.
Here are everything you need to know about IRCTC IPO
1. The issue comprises of two crore equity shares with a face value of Rs 10 each through an offer for sale by the President of India acting through the Ministry of Railways (the selling shareholder).
2. Out of the net offer, equity shares may be reserved for eligible employees but not exceed five per cent of the post-offer paid-up equity share capital of the company.
3. The book running lead managers to the offer are IDBI Capital Markets and Securities Limited, SBI Capital Markets Limited and Yes Securities India Ltd.
4. Up to 50 per cent of the offer will be available for the allocation to qualified institutional buyers.
5. Further, up to 15 per cent of the offer will be available for allocation on a proportionate basis to non-institutional bidders and 35 per cent of the offer will be available for the allocation to retail individual bidders.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.