From global cues to last leg of Q4 results, 10 things to know before Dalal Street opening bell
Wall Street was closed on Monday on account of Memorial Day 2023, which is marked to honour and mourn those who died while serving in the US military. The analyst expects the bull rally to continue amid optimism on the US debt ceiling deal.
Indian equity benchmarks Nifty50 and Sensex are likely to start Tuesday’s session on a higher note, as indicated by Singapore Exchange Nifty futures, amid mixed cues across global markets.
Stay tuned on Zeebiz.com to find out what could impact your trade today. We have collated a list of the top 10 things to know that could impact the market:
- SGX Nifty futures: Singapore Exchange (SGX) Nifty futures — an early indicator of the Nifty50 index — were down 15 points or 0.1 per cent at 18,705 at the last count ahead of the opening bell on Dalal Street.
- Asian markets: Asian stocks were mixed in early hours on Tuesday, with MSCI's broadest index of Asia Pacific shares outside Japan edging up 0.1 per cent. Japan’s Nikkei 225 was down 0.5 per cent and China’s Shanghai Composite down 0.16 per cent though Hong Kong’s Hang Seng gained around 0.5 per cent and South Korea’s KOSPI nearly one per cent.
- Global markets: The US market was shut on Monday on account of Memorial Day 2023. European shares edged lower in light trade on Monday, on losses in technology and bank stocks.
- Rupee vs dollar: The rupee depreciated by three paise to close at 82.63 against the US dollar on Monday, tracking a strong American currency against major rivals overseas. A firm trend in domestic equities, foreign inflows, and lower crude prices restricted the fall in the domestic unit, according to forex traders.
- Dollar index: The dollar nudged down on Monday, pulling back from six-month peaks against the yen as a US debt ceiling deal lifted risk appetite in world markets and dented the greenback's safe-haven appeal.
- Crude oil: Crude oil prices edged higher on Monday. Brent crude futures settled up by 12 cents or 0.2 per cent at $77.1 a barrel and US WTI crude up by 25 cents or 0.3 per cent at $72.9 a barrel.
- Inflation in India: The Indian government is monitoring price pressures and will not let the guard down on inflation, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said at an event in Mumbai. "The government is monitoring inflation. We are monitoring all data on ground level also. Inflation is already moderating," she told reporters.
- US debt ceiling update: A handful of hard-right Republican lawmakers said on Monday they would oppose a deal to raise the United States' $31.4 trillion debt ceiling, in a sign that the bipartisan agreement could face a rocky path through Congress before the US runs out of money next week.
- Q4 results: Companies such as IPCA Laboratories, IRCTC and NHPC announced their financial results for the March quarter on Monday. Apollo Hospitals, Adani Ports, Torrent Pharma are among more than 1,000 companies scheduled to report their quarterly numbers on Tuesday.
- FII, DII flow: Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) net purchased Indian shares worth Rs 1,758.2 crore on Thursday whereas domestic institutional investors (DIIs) were net buyers to the tune of Rs 853.6 crore, according to provisional exchange data.
(With inputs from agencies)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.
IND vs NED Free Live Streaming: When and How to Watch India vs Netherlands ODI World Cup 2023 warm-up Match Live on Web, TV, mobile apps online
Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS): Know how much return you will get on investment from Rs 1 to Rs 15 lakh in SCSS
ONGC, Oil India under pressure after Centre's windfall tax move; MGL, Gujarat Gas rise post-gas price hike
Gold and Silver price today (October 3, 2023): Precious metal futures trade under pressure; Gold below Rs 57,000
Traders' Diary: Buy, sell or hold strategy on Jubilant FoodWorks, RVNL, LTIMindtree, Federal Bank, AU Small Finance Bank, other a dozen other stocks today
From Maruti Suzuki to Tata Motors: Here's how top auto makers fared in terms of sales in September 2023
Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues