Amazing business opportunity from Railways; Know Modi Govt's incentives on this right here!
In a major development, the Ministry of Railways has issued guidelines for development of goods-sheds at small/road-side stations. With an aim to augment terminal capacity through private participation, the ministry has allowed setting up of new goods-shed facilities, while developing the existing ones
In a major development, the Ministry of Railways has issued guidelines for development of goods-sheds at small/road-side stations. With an aim to augment terminal capacity through private participation, the ministry has allowed setting up of new goods-shed facilities, while developing the existing ones.
This major decision by the Ministry of Railways comes in the wake of lack of resources available with the state transporter, which are thereby creating hurdles in the creation of capacity at these small and roadside stations, a government release said.
See salient features of this policy here:
- Under this policy, private parties are now permitted to develop goods wharf, loading/unloading facilities. The facilities are to be created/developed by the private parties through their own investment.
- Private parties are also allowed to create facilities for labour which would include resting space with shade, drinking water and bathing facilities.
- The policy also allows building of approach road, covered shed and other related infrastructure.
- All developments for the proposed facility will be as per approved Railway designs and constructed as per approved railway standards and specifications.
- Railways shall not levy any departmental or any other charges for the construction.
- The facilities created by the private party shall be used as common user facility, and no preference or priority will be granted to the traffic of the party over the traffic of other customers.
- Responsibility for maintenance of assets and facilities created shall be vested with the party during the agreement period.
What Private Parties Gain from this announcement?
Following are the incentives under the scheme: Share in the Terminal Charges (TC) and Terminal Access Charges (TAC), as the case may be, for all the inward and outward traffic dealt at the goods-shed for 5 years, from the date of completion of the work.
Additional revenue for party through utilisation of available space for establishing small canteen or tea-shop, advertisements, etc.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
The party seeking the least share (TC/TAC) shall be selected through competitive bidding, to be done at Divisional Level.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.