- Stock Market Closing Bell: Nifty near 16,200, Sensex dips more than 100 points; Realty, PSU Bank stocks worst hit
- EXCLUSIVE: Government may increase GST on online gaming, casinos and horse racing to 28%
- Ruchi Soya Industries to be renamed as Patanjali Foods; shares of edible oil major hit 10% upper circuit after announcement
- Stocks to buy: JMC Projects, Aditya Birla Capital can clock up to 79% return, say brokerages
- Twitter puts ''correct views'' in front of people: Undercover recording reveals
Court sentences dog owners 6-month imprisonment after their dog mauled girl
Updated: June 17, 2019 13:27 pm
Pitbull owners, father & son, were awarded six-month imprisonment and a fine of Rs 1,000 each by a court on Saturday. They were convicted and sentenced as their dog had mauled a 13-year-old girl in Banga town on February 10, 2018. The father of the girl, Ramesh Kumar Gulati, said, "She had to undergo 3-4 surgeries. It cost us 2-2.5 lakh rupees. I had to even close my shop for 15-20 days. Court has awarded them imprisonment but the case for financial loss is still underway."