What use can Aadhaar be put to? Know Aadhaar enabled applications and other details
Aadhaar can be used in any system which needs to establish the identity of a resident and/or provide secure access for the resident to services/benefits offered by the system, UIDAI said.
Aadhaar Card consists of 12-digit unique number which can be used as an identity proof of an individual. An Aadhaar can be put to various other uses. According to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) here is a list of uses in which Aadhaar can be put to.
"Aadhaar means foundation, therefore it is the base on which any delivery system can be built. Aadhaar can be used in any system which needs to establish the identity of a resident and/or provide secure access for the resident to services/benefits offered by the system," UIDAI said.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Aadhaar can be used in the delivery of the following programs:
1. Food and Nutrition – Public Distribution System, Food Security, Mid Day Meals, Integrated Child Development Scheme.
2. Employment – Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, Swarnajayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana, Indira Awaaz Yojana, Prime Minister’s Employment Guarantee Program.
3. Education – Sarva Shikhsha Abhiyaan, Right to Education (Children between 6 to 14 years under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, likewise, shall not require mandatory Aadhaar enrolment).
4. Inclusion and Social Security – Janani Suraksha Yojana, Development of Primitive Tribe Groups, Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme.
5. Healthcare – Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana, Janashri Bima Yojana, Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana.
6. Other miscellaneous purposes including Property Transactions, VoterID, PAN Card etc.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.