UIDAI extends deadline for free Aadhaar updation till December 14: Check steps to do it
The UIDAI has extended the deadline for updating Aadhaar details free of cost till December 14, 2023. Aadhaar update can be done online by submitting relevant documents.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has extended the deadline for updating Aadhaar card details free of cost by three months till December 14, 2023. Earlier, the deadline was September 14. This is the second extension of the deadline since June.
Now, all Aadhaar card holders can modify any necessary information on their Aadhaar number free of cost till the above-mentioned deadline. The citizens can avail the benefit of the free document updation facility through the myAaadhar portal.
It is necessary for all the Aadhaar card holders to update their details who received their Aadhaar numbers a decade ago. In order to update Aadhaar details, individuals must provide the required identity and address proof through the official website. It is to be noted that the cost-free updates are exclusively available online and will not be acceptable at the physical Aadhaar centres.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana: How to check village-wise beneficiary list under the welfare scheme; know details
Sovereign gold bond (SGB) redemption dates: RBI announces premature redemption dates for April-September 2024
Namo Shetkari MahaSanman Nidhi: PM Modi set to release 2nd, 3rd instalment for farmers today; know details
Documents needed for free Aadhaar update
- Ration card, Voter ID card, government-issued identity card/address certificate, and Indian passport are valid as proof of both identity and address.
- PAN Card, Driving License, Secondary or Senior School Marksheet/School Leaving Certificate with photograph, and government-issued Identity Card/Certificate are valid as proof of identity only.
- Electricity/Water/Gas Bill (last 3 months), Bank/Post Office Passbook, Rent/Lease/Leave, and Licence Agreement are valid as address proof only.
Besides these, citizens can also submit their NREGA Job Card, Pensioner Card, Arms License, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, Income Tax Assessment Order and Vehicle Registration Certificate as well as the Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Government, among others based on their categories.
The Aadhaar card holders who need to update their details online can check the list of documents to be submitted on the official website of UIDAI.
How to update Aadhaar details?
1. Visit the official UIDAI portal at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and log in by using your Aadhaar number and one-time password (OTP).
2. Check your details as displayed in your profile.
3. If the details are incorrect, select the identity document from the drop-down menu.
4. Upload your document as stated in the instructions.
If the details are correct, one can click on the "I verify that the above details are correct" option.
01:39 PM IST