- Covid-19; Insurance claim 25% lower this time versus 2nd wave peak; treatments given more than required in many cases: ICICI Lom
- Bulk Deals: Foce India, Timescan Logistics among companies which see bulk buying on Wednesday - details here!
- Bajaj Auto Q3FY22 Earnings: Net profit falls 22% to Rs 1214 cr; revenues up 1% in line with street expectations
- DGCA extends ban on international flights till February 28 due to surging coronavirus cases; cargo operations exempted
- SEBI launches mobile app 'Saa₹thi' to provide financial product information to investors
Aadhaar SMS Service: Lock or unlock Aadhaar Number with this service- Here is how
Aadhaar Services on SMS enables Aadhaar Number holders, who do not have access to internet/resident portal/m-Aadhaar etc. to use various Aadhaar services like Virtual ID generation/retrieval, Aadhaar lock/unlock etc. through SMS.
Do you know that you can lock and unlock your Aadhaar number? Yes, Aadhaar holders can do so via SMS.
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced a service called “Aadhaar Services on SMS” which enables Aadhaar Number holders, who do not have access to internet/resident portal/m-Aadhaar etc. to use various Aadhaar services like Virtual ID generation/retrieval, Aadhaar lock/unlock etc. through SMS.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Just by sending a SMS from your registered mobile number to 1947 Aadhaar service can be availed. Resident can perform VID Generation/Retrieval, Lock/Unlock Aadhaar Number etc. by sending an SMS in the given format to 1947 from their registered mobile number, as per the information provided by UIDAI.
It can be noted that the feature to lock and unlock your Aadhaar Number has been introduced by UIDAI to further strengthen your privacy and security. After locking your Aadhaar Number, authentication cannot be performed using Aadhaar Number.
In that case you may use your Virtual ID to perform Authentication. This will prevent the misuse of your Aadhaar Number by anyone else. Unlocking your Aadhaar Number will resume the use of Aadhaar Number for authentication.
How to Lock/Unlock Aadhaar Number with SMS service?
1. Send OTP request as -> GETOTPLAST 4 or 8 DIGITs of Aadhaar Number.
2. Then send Locking Request as -> LOCKUIDLast 4 or 8 DIGIT of Aadhaar Number 6 DIGIT OTP.
3. You will get a confirmation message for your request.
4. Once it is locked you will not be able to perform any form of Authentication (Biometric, Demographic or OTP) using your Aadhaar Number. However, you can still use your latest Virtual ID for performing Authentication.
For unlocking Aadhaar Number you must have your latest Virtual ID.
1. Send OTP request with last 6 or 10 DIGITs of Virtual ID number as -> GETOTPLAST 6 or 10 DIGITs Virtual ID.
2. Then send Unlocking Request as -> UNLOCKUIDLAST 6 or 10 DIGIT Virtual ID 6 DIGIT OTP.
It can be noted that OTP authentication is must for Aadhaar lock/unlock and Biometric lock/unlock function. however, no OTP is required for VID generation and retrieval function. To get OTP send SMS -> GETOTPLAST 4 or 8 DIGITs of Aadhaar Number, for example - GETOTP 1234.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.