Aadhaar PVC card: Don’t have mobile number registered with UIDAI? You can still complete authentication process
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) had recently announced that the new Aadhaar card will be reprinted as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) card, giving it a completely new look. This will allow cardholders to carry the Aadhaar card in their pockets just like ATM cards.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) had recently announced that the new Aadhaar card will be reprinted as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) card, giving it a completely new look. This will allow cardholders to carry the Aadhaar card in their pockets just like ATM cards. The new Aadhaar PVC card also comes with new security features. “Loaded with the latest security features, your Aadhaar is now more durable, convenient to carry, instantly verifiable offline," UIDAI said in a tweet.
While ordering the PVC Aadhaar card, an individual will have to pay Rs 50 (inclusive of GST and speed post charges). To get this Aadhaar PVC card, you need to authenticate the process by proving the OTP received on the registered number.
What if your mobile number is not registered with the UIDAI? There is no need to worry, says the Aadhaar sanctioning body. In a tweet, UIDAI explained that you can receive the OTP on any number and still complete the process.
"Don’t have your mobile number registered to your Aadhaar? Don't worry, you can use any mobile number to receive OTP for authentication of your Aadhaar PVC order,” the tweet said. Here are the steps to complete the process
- Go to the official UIDAI website and in 'My Aadhaar section', click on the 'Order Aadhaar PVC Card'.
- Enter your Aadhaar Number (UID) or Enrollment ID (EID).
- Enter the security code shown and click on 'My mobile number is not registered'.
- Enter the number you want to receive the OTP on.
- Input the OTP received and submit.
- A preview of the PVC card will be shown. Make payment.
- The page will redirect to a payment gateway where you have to make a payment of Rs 50 (inclusive of GST & speed post charges).
- Your Aadhaar PVC card will be ordered as soon as payment is made.
If you have ordered a Aadhaar PVC card, you can also track its status. This can be done through uidai.gov.in under the 'My Aadhaar' tab. Under the 'My Aadhaar' tab, click on 'Check Aadhaar PVC card status'. On the new screen, you will be required to enter 28-digit SRN, 12-digit Aadhaar number and captcha code. The status will be reflected after clicking on 'Check Status'.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.