Aadhaar card for NRIs: No need to wait for 182 days! Here is when and how you can apply, documents required and other details
Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are also eligible to enroll for Aadhaar. UIDAI has informed that now the NRIs will not have to wait for 182 days and they can apply for Aadhaar on arrival.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) issues Aadhaar card which consists of a 12-digit random number. Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident of India, may voluntarily enroll to obtain Aadhaar number.
Besides, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are also eligible to enroll for Aadhaar. However, they need to note that Indian Passport is a mandatory proof of Identity for Aadhaar enrolment.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
UIDAI on Thursday informed that now the NRIs will not have to wait for 182 days and they can apply for Aadhaar on arrival.
"Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) need not wait for 182 days. NRIs with valid Indian passport may apply for Aadhaar on arrival. Visit your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx. For more details, call at 1947 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org," UIDAI tweeted.
Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) need not wait for 182 days. NRIs with valid #Indian #passport may apply for #Aadhaar on arrival.
Visit your nearest #AadhaarEnrolment Centre: https://t.co/oCJ66DUBEk
For more details, call at 1947 or write to us at email@example.com pic.twitter.com/alON4X19MI
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) August 26, 2021
What is the process for NRIs to apply for Aadhaar?
1. Visit any Aadhaar Kendra of your convenience.
2. Carry valid Indian Passport with you.
3. Fill details in the enrolment form.
4. Giving Email ID is mandatory for NRI.
5. The declaration for NRI enrolment is slightly different. Read and sign the same in your enrolment form.
6. Ask the operator to enroll you as NRI.
7. Give your Passport as Proof of Identity.
8. You may choose to use your Passport itself as Proof of Address and Date of Birth proof or give some other valid document/.
9. Complete the biometric capture process.
10. Check all details on screen (in English and local language) before you allow the operator to submit.
11. Collect the acknowledgement slip/ enrolment slip that has your 14 digit Enrolment ID and Date and Time Stamp.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.