- Budget 2022 Expectations LIVE: High hopes pinned on Modi government, FM Nirmala Sitharaman - Sectors, industries want these in U
- Zee Business Exclusive: From LIC IPO to Budget 2022 - BSE CEO Ashish Chauhan speaks about these possibilities
- Who is New CEA? Govt appoints V Anantha Nageswaran as Chief Economic Advisor
- Budget 2022: From date, time to where and how to watch LIVE - See all important details about Union Budget
- Dalal Street Corner: Markets close negative after massive intraday rally; what should investors do on Monday?
Year-ender 2021: Important PM Narendra Modi Government schemes launched for public welfare this year
The Government on 1 June 2021 extended the extended the ‘Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP) Insurance Scheme for Health Workers Fighting COVID-19’
Amid the onslaught of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Narendra Modi Government has been launching various schemes from time-to-time while extending a few ones for the relief of people from different walks of life. Zee Business brings to its readers a few such flagship schemes and initiatives undertaken by the government.
WATCH | Click on Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
1) Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP) Insurance Scheme - The health workers have been at the forefront of our fight against the pandemic. The Government on 1 June 2021 extended the extended the ‘Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP) Insurance Scheme for Health Workers Fighting COVID-19’ for one year with effect from 24 April 2021. The scheme was initially launched on 30 March 2020 for a period of 90 days to provide comprehensive personal accident cover of Rs 50 lakh to all healthcare providers, including community health workers and private health workers.
2) e-Shram Portal - To help the unorganised sector, the Government of India this year launched a new scheme named the E-SHRAM Portal Scheme on August 26, 2021 for the welfare of unorganised sector workers and laborers. The central government rolled out a national database for unorganised workers for the overall welfare of crores of these workers of the country. Ministry of Labour & Employment will provide the Unique Identification Number (UAN) Card to whoever applies for the e-Shram Portal. As per the information available on the official website, over 12 cr people have till now registered on this portal.
3) Gram Ujala Scheme - Launched on 24 March 2021, this scheme aims to provide high quality energy efficient LED bulbs at just Rs 10 per piece Under Gram Ujala Scheme. Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) will provide LED bulbs at just Rs 10 to benefit rural population.
4) PM Mentoring Yuva Scheme - Launched in June 2021, this scheme envisions to groom young authors in the country. PM Mentoring Yuva Scheme has been designed to ensure creation of a pool of authors below 30 years who are ready to express themselves and project India and its culture on any international platform. The young authors so mentored shall become proficient in writing in various genres like fiction, non-fiction, travelogues, memoirs, drama, poetry and so on.
5) Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana - Launched on 20 August 2021, this scheme aims to provide skill development training to youths. The Indian Railways aims to empower India’s youth by offering entry level training in industry relevant skills through Indian Railways training institutes.
6) PM Daksh Yojana - Launched on 8 August 2021, this scheme aims to improve competency levels of its target group comprising of members of SC communities and the poorer section of the OBC communities, sanitation workers. PM DAKSH Yojana is a National Action Plan for skilling of marginalised persons covering SCs, OBCs, EBCs, DNTs, Sanitation workers including waste pickers.
7) Academic Bank of Credit Scheme was launched on 29 July 2021. It is to facilitate the academic mobility of students with the freedom to study across the Higher Education Institutions in the country with an appropriate credit transfer mechanism from one programme to another. It is an academic service mechanism for storing and transferring of academic credits of a student. ABC scheme is in line with the new National Education Policy.
8) PM Umeed Scheme was launched in April 2021. Its main objective is to provide skill training to 3 lakh youths to become entrepreneurs till 2025-26. PM Umeed Scheme facilitates loans to youths and connect them in appropriate markets
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.