World Class! Indian Railways introduces state-of-the-art Uttam Rake - Check features
The Indian Railways has introduced state-of-the-art 'Uttam Rake' between Churchgate and Virar in Mumbai. The Ladies Special local train was introduced on Tuesday - the 69th Foundation Day of Western Railway.
The Indian Railways has introduced state-of-the-art 'Uttam Rake' between Churchgate and Virar in Mumbai. The Ladies Special local train was introduced on Tuesday - the 69th Foundation Day of Western Railway. The new train comes with several advanced features like CCTV Surveillance, improved dual lock stoppers and red emergency buttons, among others. The new rake started normal services on Wednesday. It will provide 10 services per day while saving energy. The rake will also feature posters about Western Railway’s journey as an effective transport medium, various landmarks of Mumbai, inspirational quotes and posters of iconic women achievers to make the journey more enriching and delightful.
WATCH Zee Business TV LIVE Streaming Online -
Features of Uttam rake:
- Provision of CCTV Surveillance System in all coaches.
- Anti-dent partitions in coaches to prevent thefts.
- Modular Luggage rack.
- High backrest seats in First Class coaches.
- Provision of Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP) seats in Second Class coaches with wooden finishing for better aesthetics.
- Improved Dual Lock Stopper with dual slot handles windows in all coaches.
- Wider and improved grab handles for better grip.
- Latest Brushless DC (BLDC) fans in all coaches which consumes 30% less energy than conventional fans.
- Provision of modular type diffused LED lights.
- Electrically operated Passenger Alarm System in place of traditional emergency chains.
- Smooth finished corrugated FRP ceiling and Wooden finished Roof Ventilation Duct Area to enhance the aesthetic appeal of coach interior.
- Provision of camouflaged aluminium moulded strips on floor to discourage theft.
- Stainless steel protective plate near all passenger seats to avoid colour fading due to footwear friction.
- Red Emergency Buttons
Notably, Western Railways had introduced world’s first ever Ladies Special local train on May 5, 1992 and India’s first ever Air-Conditioned EMU train on December 25, 2017 on Mumbai Suburban section. As far as Uttam rake goes, only two such trains have designed at the Integral Coach Factory in Chennai so far, out of which the other has been given to South Central Railway.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.