When will Noida-Greater Noida metro start? Yogi Adityanath to inaugurate on this date
The Noida Metro Rail Corporation's (NMRC) Aqua line metro will be officially open to function from 25th January, this year. The NMRC has also invited Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath to wave off the first metro on the day, to which the CM office has already agreed.
Two major cities of national capital region - Noida and Greater Noida - will come closer to each other as the new 'Aqua' line metro is ready to serve commuters. The Noida Metro Rail Corporation's (NMRC) Aqua line metro will be officially open to function from 25th January, this year. The NMRC has also invited Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath to wave off the first metro on the day, to which the CM office has already agreed. Metro depot of Greater Noida has been selected as the place of inauguration. After waving off the green flag to first rail on the route, CM Yogi will also travel till sector 142 metro station.
The line is 29.7 kilometres long connecting Noida and Greater Noida regions. The metro corporation has kept the maximum fare at Rs 50, while a minimum fare at Rs 10 for the Aqua line. However, smart-card users will get an additional 10 per cent discount on fares. "The Noida-Greater Noida metro line's inauguration will held most likely on January 25 by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath," NMRC Executive Director P D Upadhyay said.
Here are key points of this route:
1. The length of the metro track of Aqua line is 29.7 kilometres.
2. The corridor will have total 21 metro stations.
3. Noida will have 15, while Greater Noida will have 6 metro stations.
4. The budget of the project was Rs 5,503 crores.
5. 11 trains will be running to function for the initial phase.
6. The corridor will serve over 1 lakh commuters of the cities, daily.
7. All the stations throughout the journey are equipped with solar panels.
8. The train will utilise different source of electricity, other than stations.
The maximum fare of Delhi Metro is Rs 60, which is Rs 10 more than that of Aqua line. The route will be special as the commuters will not use tokens to travel, instead they will get a QR code slips from stations.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.