WhatsApp 'status' update: Google Drive is mailing, do this to save your Photos, Videos, Chat
Google Drive is mailing WhatsApp users about its recent agreement with WhatsApp. As per the agreement explained in the mail, "WhatsApp backups will no longer count against Google Drive storage quota.
Google Drive is mailing WhatsApp users about its recent agreement with WhatsApp. As per the agreement explained in the mail, "WhatsApp backups will no longer count against Google Drive storage quota. However, any WhatsApp backups that have not been updated in more than a year will automatically be removed from storage."
The new policy will go into effect on November 12, though some users may get to see the quota benefits earlier. Google Drive has advised users to manually back up WhatsApp before November 12, 2018. You should do the following:
- First, confirm that your current Android WhatsApp client is backed up
- If you would like to refresh any existing backups, manually back up your WhatsApp before October 30, 2018
How to manually backup WhatsApp
- Activate Google account on your phone and install Google Drive
- It's advisable to switch on to Wi-Fi to save valuable data while saving all valuable data to the cloud.
- Open WhatsApp and go to Menu, then to Settings, then Chats, then Chat Back up.
- If you select Back Up, everything on the phone would be automatically backed up to the Google Drive.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.