UPSC aspirants alert! Revised scheme, pattern and syllabus from next year; check details
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) had issued a notification last year in July, stating that it has decided to revise the scheme, pattern and syllabus of the Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) had issued a notification last year in July, stating that it has decided to revise the scheme, pattern and syllabus of the Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination in consultation with the Government (Ministry of Mines, the Nodal Ministry). The details were issued in the notification number- F.No.10/5/2017-E.I(B) of UPSC. The Union Public Service Commission is India's central recruiting agency, regulated by Government of India. It serves the appointments and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. In the vision to bring development and certain necessary changes, UPSC has decided to revise few things.
The changes and revisions by UPSC have been marked below:
1. The nomenclature of this Examination has been changed to “Combined Geo-Scientist Examination” in place of 'Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination'.
2. There will a three tier examination pattern:
(a) Stage-I : Preliminary Examination
(b) Stage-II : Main Examination
(c) Stage-III : Personality Test.
3. Preliminary Examination will screen the candidates for taking the Main Examination (Stage–II).
4. The Preliminary Examination will be of objective type having two Papers. Also the marks secured in this Examination will be counted for deciding the final merit of the candidates.
5. The Preliminary Examination will be a Computer Based Examination.
6. The Main Examination will have three Papers for each Stream and all Papers will be of descriptive type. Also the marks secured in this Examination will be counted for deciding the final merit of the candidates.
7. Existing General English Paper has been discontinued.
8. The Revised Scheme, Pattern and Syllabus of the Examination will be made effective from the 2020 Examination to give sufficient preparation time to the aspirants.
UPSC new plan of examination:
A. The Examination shall be conducted as per the following plan:—
(i) Stage-I: Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type Papers) for the selection of candidates for the Stage-II: Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination;
(ii) Stage-II: Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination (Descriptive Type Papers) and (iii) Stage-III: Personality Test
For more information the candidates can visit the link of an official notification issued by the UPSC i.e https://upsc.gov.in/sites/default/files/RevisedSyllab-Geol-2020.pdf
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.