Unbelievable, but you will have to pay massive toll on this expressway; get the full picture here
The Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) expressway has now become fully operational, and the Haryana State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) is now gearing up to tax the vehicles passing through this expressway, also known as Western Peripheral Expressway (WPE), from December 15.
Built to reduce traffic congestion and pollution in national capital, the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) expressway has now become fully operational, and the Haryana State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) is now gearing up to tax the vehicles passing through this expressway, also known as Western Peripheral Expressway (WPE), from December 15.
According to reports, two-wheelers will be spared from tax, while heavy vehicles have to pay a whopping toll tax that can even go up to Rs 600. The toll will be charged as per the distance covered by a vehicle. For example, if you drive by a car from Manesar to Kundli, you have to pay Rs 116, while 6 axle vehicle has to cough up Rs 614.9 for the same distance.
Senior Manager, HSIIDC, Surendra Deshwal told Hindustan newspaper that the work related to fencing and street light has been completed, while plantation work is still continuing but that would also be accomplished soon.
The HSIIDC has been assigned to completed these works within 120 days of its inauguration, he reportedly said, adding that a company has been assigned the task to survey the vehicles running on the KMP.
Surendra Deshwal expressed happiness that so far no major accident has taken on the KMP. From December 15 onwards, the speed limit will also be increased from 80 kmph to 120 kmph.
Notably, the vehicles passing through KMP will get a slip when they enter and will be taxed when they exit according to the distance they covered on it. The authority will also keep a tab on the time taken by a vehicle. For security reasons during night, a response team has also been constituted.
Other key facts related to KMP:
1. The KMP is expected to keep over 50,000 heavy vehicles away from Delhi as vehicles going from north India to the western and southern parts of the country could use it without passing through the national capital.
2. Initially, the 135.6 km WPE was planned to have four lanes, but later it was expanded to six lanes. The six-lane expressway, which cost over Rs 9000 crore-- Rs 6,400 crore on construction and Rs 2,988 crore to acquire land, will reportedly have facilities including parking lots, refilling stations, police stations, a trauma centre, helipad, and refreshment centres.
3. On a distance of every 20 km, an ambulance, a crane and a police patrol vehicle with a helpline number have been stationed for speedy response in case of accidents or emergencies.
4. The entire stretch of highway has been designed in such a manner that light vehicles can run at a speed of 120 kmph whereas heavy vehicles can travel at speed of 100 kmph. The KMP will cover five districts--Sonipat, Jhajjar, Gurugram, Mewat and Palwal.
5. Notably, none of natural drains, road crossings, and revenue roads were blocked while building the KMP to ensure the natural flow of water, and movement of people do not get blocked.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.