UIDAI: Any update in Aadhaar Card will now require this important procedure - Check it out
Aadhaar card update: If you want to update or change any information in your Aadhaar card, you have to follow a different method now.
Aadhaar card update: If you want to update or change any information in your Aadhaar card, you have to follow a different method now, and to facilitate you, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has issued an advisory. The Aadhaar card-issuing authority has now started Aadhaar Seva Kendras across the country in order to resolve issues related to the card.
For making any change or updates in address, name and date of birth in your card, you can get these things done at Aadhaar Seva Kendras, besides getting new card. In order to find these Aadhaar centres, UIDAI has facilitated these services at banks, post offices and government offices. Notably, UIDAI has also started Aadhaar Seva Kendras in Delhi, Chennai, Bhopal, Agra, Hisar, Vijayawada and Chandigarh.
From this month, Aadhaar service centres will also commence in Bhopal, Chennai, Patna and Guwahati. Further, UIDAI is also planning to open 114 Aadhaar new Seva Kendras in 53 cities across the country.
For making any change or updates, you need to take an online appointment to make any update or changes at Aadhaar Seva Kendra. The services provided through online appointment at these Seva Kendra include; To create a new base; To update name; To update address; To update the date of birth; To update mobile number; To update email ID; To update gender; and For biometric updates.
Follow the steps given below to book an online appointment
1. Visit the UIDAI website- https://uidai.gov.in/ and click at 'My Aadhaar' tab
2. Once you click on to book an appointment option, you will see the city location option
3. You have to select the city, and then click on 'Processed to book an appointment'
4. Submit your mobile number to which an OTP would be sent
5. Now submit Aadhaar number, name, select a language of your choice and select the Aadhaar centre of your choice
6. After choosing date and time, you will get an appointment number
Watch Zee Business Live TV
Notably, the UIDAI has stated that that plastic laminated Aadhaar cards are not valid. The downloaded Aadhaar card printed on ordinary paper is perfectly valid for all uses.