- Stock Market Outlook: Our dependence on US market limited now, next 10-15 years belong to India, says Anil Singhvi | Here's why
- Toyota Hyryder Unveiled: Toyota India unveils new self-charging hybrid electric SUV in India; check details
- Virtual Digital Assets: VDAs to attract 1% TDS from today; know what CBDT says about new norms
- Gold Price Today: Yellow metal surges by over Rs 1000 as excise duty hiked to 12.5% - check gold rate in your city
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
Twitter update: No more precise location tagging as feature removed
Twitter, a micro-blogging website has decided to remove the option that lets users add their precise location details to their tweets. The users have an option to put their location based information to the tweets like latitude and longitude as part.
Twitter, a micro-blogging website has decided to remove the option that lets users add their precise location details to their tweets. The users have an option to put their location based information to the tweets like latitude and longitude as part. However, the company said that the users would still be able to add precise location tags in tweets captured through the app`s camera.
Twitter support on Wednesday posted, "Most people don't tag their precise location in tweets, so we're removing this ability to simplify your tweeting experience. You'll still be able to tag your in tweets through our updated camera. It's helpful when sharing on-the-ground moments.''
What is this all about?
1. The announcement from the company had responses from several users and there were newer reactions, comments and opinions too. Some users stick to their demand asking the micro-blogging site to add the ability to edit tweets on the app.
2. Some of the users also raised questions, on displaying the 'Twitter for Android' or 'Twitter for iOS' label below every post that tells about the device being used to others.
3. Twitter users can opt out of location-sharing features in its 'privacy and safety' menu.
4. The users who do not want to share their precise location details while tweeting can keep this feature turned off for as long as it is still available in Twitter's camera.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.