Traffic violation: Beware! You have to pay 10 times more from tomorrow
In the hit and run case, the government will provide assistance of up to Rs 2 lakh to the affected family. Right now this amount is Rs 25000.
If you are a rash driver, you have to check yourself from tomorrow onwards, as new traffic rules are being implemented across the country from September 1. The new Motor Vehicle Act is being implemented to make driving on the road safer. Under the new norms, the government has made several stringent provisions, besides increasing the amount of fine up to 10 times. You should also know that there are 10 such provisions under which you can be sentenced jailterm.
Notably, the government had amended the Motor Vehicle Act for road safety, after it was passed in Parliament. The 10 rules that have now become stringent are given below:
1. Aadhaar has been made mandatory for Driving License and vehicle registration
2. Penalty on drunk driving has been increased from Rs 2000 to Rs 10000
3. Penalty for rash driving has been increased from Rs 500 to Rs 5000
4. Minimum penalty for driving without DL has also been increased from Rs 500 to Rs 5000
5. In case of over speeding, penalty is increased from Rs 500 to Rs 1000 to Rs 2000
6. Penalty for talking on mobile during driving has been increased from Rs 100 to Rs 1000
7. If your found not to have tied seat belts, you have to pay increased penalty of Rs 1000. Earlier it was merely Rs 100
8. In the hit and run case, the government will provide assistance of up to Rs 2 lakh to the affected family. Right now this amount is Rs 25000.
9. The new Motor Vehicle Act has been introduced to make it safer to walk on the road. Those rescuing the affected party in the accident will get protection, and the police will not reveal their identity.
Watch Zee Business Live TV
10. The vehicle owner will be responsible if a teenager breaks traffic rules. If the vehicle owner proves that he did not know about the incident of breaking the traffic rules by the teenager then he will not be considered responsible. In such cases, the registration of the vehicle will be canceled, and the juvenile will be tried in the Juvenile Justice Act.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.