- IRDAI sets a target of 5 years for life insurance companies for greater penetration; proposes state-level committee
- Dalal Street Corner: Bank, FMCG stocks help Nifty clear crucial hurdle of 15,800; what should investors do on Tuesday?
- Despite windfall tax, brokerages remain bullish on oil & gas stocks; see up to 70% upside on ONGC, Oil India
- Rupee settles flat at 78.94 against US dollar
- Akasa Air showcases crew uniform; conducts proving flight test
Top CEOs of 2019 list: Shantanu Narayen, Satya Nadella in 4th, 5th spots; Mark Zuckerberg plunges to 55
With his social network in the news for all the wrong reasons, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has plunged from his 2018 rank at number 16 to as low as number 55 on the list of top Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) in the US this year.
With his social network in the news for all the wrong reasons, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has plunged from his 2018 rank at number 16 to as low as number 55 on the list of top Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) in the US this year. This comes after the social media giant generated a lot of controversy over how it handled its subscribers accounts, including privacy details. India-linked tech CEOs who bagged top rankings in the list were Adobe's Shantanu Narayen and Microsoft`s Satya Nadella - they were ranked in the fifth and sixth spots in the list with an employee approval rating of 98 per cent each.
Zuckerberg's loss translated into a benefit for a number of other CEOs who moved up smoothly on the back of their tangible achievements as per job and recruiting site Glassdoor`s annual list of CEOs from top companies.
A total of 27 CEOs from the tech industry made it to the annual list from top companies. CNET reported that Mark Zuckerberg was ranked behind India-born Google CEO Sundar Pichai. Google chief received a 94 per cent CEO approval rating but came in 46th place overall.
However, Zuckerberg still managed to notch up a triumph of sorts - he came in ahead of the CEO of teh iconic company Apple - Tim Cook approval rating was 92 per cent, and it secured him the 69th spot on the list.
Notably, Zuckerberg was ranked number one CEO in the US, with a 99 per cent approval rating at one time - this was way back in 2013.
Top 10 CEOs in 2019
1. VMware's Pat Gelsinger (99 percent approval)
2. H E B's Charles C. Butt (99 percent approval)
3. In-N-Out Burger's Lynsi Snyder (99 percent approval)
4. T-Mobile's John Legere (99 percent approval)
5. Adobe's Shantanu Narayen (98 percent approval)
6. Microsoft's Satya Nadella (98 percent approval)
7. McKinsey & Company's Kevin Sneader (98 percent approval)
8. LinkedIn's Jeff Weiner (97 percent approval)
9. Intuitive Surgical's Gary S. Guthart (97 percent approval)
10. Best Buy's Hubert Joly (97 percent approval)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.