IRCTC run India's first pvt train, Tejas Express route and timings revealed by Indian Railways
IRCTC-run Tejas Express train is said to be far ahead of other trains in terms of merits and facilities, but the fare of this private train will be based on the dynamic fare system.
Indian Railways has announced the route and timings for the country's first private train, Tejas Express, which will be run by IRCTC between Lucknow and Delhi. According to reports, Tejas Express trains are being handed over to private players through the bidding process.
Tejas Express train is said to be far ahead of other trains in terms of merits and facilities, but the fare of this private train will be based on the dynamic fare system. However, this fare will be half of the air fare on that route. This train will run for 6 days in a week except Tuesday.
Lucknow to Delhi in 6 hours
Reports coming in say that booking of tickets for this private Tejas Express will commence within 2 days, and the train will travel from Lucknow to Delhi in 6.15 hours. It will leave from Lucknow at 6.10 am and reach New Delhi railway station at 12.25 pm. While running from Lucknow, it will have its first stoppage at Kanpur Central where it will at 7.20 am, Ghaziabad railway station at 11.43 am, and from there it will reach New Delhi station at 12.25 pm.
In the return journey, the Tejas Express will leave from New Delhi at 4.30 pm and reach Lucknow station at 10.45 pm. The train after leaving New Delhi at 4.30 pm, will reach Ghaziabad railway station at 5.10 pm, Kanpur railway station at 21.30 pm. It will have 5 minutes stoppage at Kanpur and leave the station at 21.35 pm, to reach Lucknow station at 22.45 pm.
Tejas Express will run in Navratri
Tejas Express train will commence its run in Navratras. According to media reports, the Tejas train will start its run around October 4. Time is being sought from Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath to flag off the train, and as per the availability of his schedule the date of running the train will be fixed.
Here are a few key facilities that would be offered at Tejas Express
1. Passengers can book their tickets on IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in. They can also use the mobile app, IRCTC Rail Connect, to avail the facility of booking.
2. Ticket booking for this train cannot be done at railway reservation counter, but the IRCTC's official agent can book it online.
3. Online booking of Tejas Express can also be done through PayTM, PhonePe, MakeMyTrip, Google Pay, Ibibo and Rail Yatri.
4. Reservations can be done in Tejas Express train 60 days before the date of travel.
5. No discount will be given in the fare of the train. Children below the age of 5 years will not be allowed a ticket, and for the child above 5 years the full ticket will be available as they will be provided a separate seat.
6. Tatkal reservation can be done from 4 hours before the departure of the train to 5 minutes before the train's departure.
7. The passenger will also be given food in the Tejas train, and price of the meal will be included in the fare. RO water filter facility will also be available in each coach for passengers.
8. Tea / coffee will also be served free of cost on the demand of the traveler. Automatic tea / coffee vending machine has been installed for this purpose.
Watch Zee Business Live TV
9. There is also a plan that the passengers of Tejas train will have the pick up facility from their house and also be dropped till their destination.
10. While traveling in Tejas train, all the passengers will be provided free rail travel insurance of Rs 25 lakh.