Tamil Nadu lockdown: Get E-Pass from this website; check Aadhaar Card and other documents required to apply—steps explained
Several states in India are imposing complete or partial lockdown to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. Early on Saturday, the Government of Tamil Nadu has also announced a two-week complete lockdown in the state from May 10 to May 24.
Tamil Nadu e-pass: Several states in India are imposing complete or partial lockdown to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. Early on Saturday, the Government of Tamil Nadu has also announced a two-week complete lockdown in the state from May 10 to May 24.
Amid the lockdown, only essential services are allowed, including hospitals, media, courier firms, fuel outlets, etc.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
According to a report by India.com, people who want to or are planning to step out of their house due to certain reasons, including travelling for weddings, funeral, interview, exams, Covid-19 vaccination, bank employees, going to ATM, etc will require an e-pass.
Here is how you can apply for an e-pass in Tamil Nadu:
1. Click on the official website by the Tamil Nadu government to apply for an e-pass that is https://tnepass.tnega.org/#/user/pass.
2. Register yourself before filling the form. Provide your mobile number and the captcha to receive an OTP.
3. Enter the OTP. After this, you will be directed to a page where there are options to apply for e-pass for travel via road (private vehicles) and air for both individuals and groups, business round trip, guest workers from other states and commercial establishments, industries, businesses, traders and financial companies.
4. Select the type of e-pass you require and then provide all the necessary details like name, address (home and destination), range of travel, etc.
5. You will need to furnish the required documents for the travel, like medical records in case of a medical emergency or wedding invitation if the journey is for a wedding.
6. After you will provide the details, a verification will be done. You will have to submit both documents and ID proof.
7. After the verification is done, the e-pass will be processed.
Aadhaar Card or Voter ID, PAN Card, address proof, vehicle license and employment ID is required to be presented to avail the e-pass.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.