Stock Market Bulls! From TCS, Kotak Bank, ONGC, Infosys, SBI to Bajaj: 10 stocks that made people rich today and how
The Sensex on Friday hit a six-month high, surging over 260 points to reclaim the 38,000-mark.
Stock Market: The Sensex on Friday hit a six-month high, surging over 260 points to reclaim the 38,000-mark. It touched the six-month high of 38,024, led by a rally in banking stocks amid soaring foreign fund inflows, strengthening rupee and positive global cues. In the afternoon trade, the Sensex rallied around 500 points, settling finally at a high of 269.43 points, or 0.71 per cent. The NSE Nifty also closed 83.60 points or 0.74 per cent, higher at 11,426.85. Last time, the Sensex had ended over 38,000 points was on September 14, 2018, at 38,090.64.
Here's a look at the best performing 10 stocks on Friday:
-Kotak Bank's shares rose by 4.31%, ending at 1325.3.
- ONGC stocks rose by 2.84%. It was last trading at 155.65.
- PowerGrid shares ended the day at 192.35 at a 2.61% high.
- TCS shares increase by 2.59% to 2040.20.
- Shares of NTPC, SBI, HCL Tech, and ICCI Bank rose by 2.5%, 2.25%, 2.14% and 2.01% respectively.
- Bajaj Finance and Infosys shares also witnessed a growth of 1.81% and 1.48% respectively. The ended the trading at 2859.7 and 718.85 respectively.
Shares of some of the leading companies that took a dip in the intraday trade included Asian Paints, HinduUniver, Yes Bank, Bharti Airtel, ITC, Reliance and Axis Bank.
Sensex has surged 1352.89 points, or 3.68 per cent, during this week that followed the announcement of General Elections dates on Sunday last. Nifty has climbed 391.89 points or, 3.54 per cent, during the period.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.