Still without an Aadhaar card? Here is how you can enroll with UIDAI to get one
Aadhaar card is mandatory to get the benefit of LPG/Kerosene subsidies, government welfare schemes. It is issued by UIDAI.
Are you denied a subsidized LPG connection or are you not able to apply for Permanent Account Number (PAN) card? This is because you do not own an Aadhaar card. This 12 digit identification number of a citizen, acts as an official document of identification. The card is unique in its nature as it not only holds the individual's bio-data but also his or her bio-metric data.
Aadhaar is mandatory for individuals who want to avail services under the government such as LPG and kerosene subsidies, scholarships and other government welfare schemes like NREGA. It is also required to be presented as a document of an individual's identity if he or she does not own a PAN card, voter id, driver's license or passport.
If you have been planning to get your Aadhaar card made, here is what you need to do:
1. Visit your nearest Enrollment Centre. You can know your enrollment centre by visiting this link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/centersea...
You can also search for your enrollment centre by the state or postal (PIN) code.
2. Carry documents of identification which includes, PAN card, Ration card, driver's license, Voter ID, Passport to name a few.
3. The above mentioned documents, electricity bill, water bill or/and landline bill of the last three months can be used as address proof for an individual.
4 Carry birth certificate, secondary school leaving certificate, passport or mark-sheet issued by a government board or university to validate ones date of birth.
5. At the enrollment centre, please fill the enrollment form details carefully to avoid errors. Your demographic data ( Name, DOB, gender, address, mobile number etc) and bio-metric data i.e. photo of face, 10 finger prints and irises will be scanned and captured.
6. For children below five, the parents' name, Aadhaar and bio-metrics are to be provided.
7. You will receive your Aadhaar card at the address mentioned in the form in a span of 60-90 days after enrollment.
8. For residents in Assam and Meghalaya, enrollment is carried out by RGI, in preparation of National Population Register. For the remaining states and union territories, visit only an authorised enrollment centre/ camp.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.