State bank of India ATM services and security tips: Follow these, stay safe from frauds
Use of ATM and self-service is increasing and helps the customers to save their time and avoid using the traditional methods at banks. However, most of us are not familiar with ATM's other features and we tend to opt for a traditional method at banks.
The Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is the provision given by all public and private sector banks to dispense out cash currency for the customers for day to day transactions. Use of ATM and self-service is increasing and helps the customers to save their time and avoid using the traditional methods at banks. However, most of us are not familiar with ATM's other features and we tend to opt for a traditional method at banks.
Here are some other features of SBI ATM:
Normally when we insert our debit card into ATM then we get the option of Transfer, Services, Mobile Registration, Aadhar Registration and also you can create a Term Deposit using our ATMs. Just click the ‘TDR/STDR' option for which the minimum amount is of Rs. 10,000/- (valid in singly owned accounts only)
Here are the services which we can avail on SBI ATM:
1. Cash Withdrawal: Most of us are aware of the service on our ATMs which enables us to withdraw up to a daily limit of Rs. 40,000/- (limit on Classic Debit Card. Higher value cards permit daily withdrawal limits of up to Rs. 1 lakh per day) with Fast Cash service which enables you to withdraw your preferred amounts with just a touch. The options in the denomination of 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 10,000 are available.
2. PIN generation option to create a new PIN/Green PIN.
3. Pin Change option to change your password at regular intervals.
4. Balance Enquiry to check the current available balance in your account.
5. Mini statement to keep a track of the transactions in your account in which it gives you an insight into the last 10 transactions in your account.
6. Card to Card which transfers send cash in a flash from one SBI Debit Card to the other. Using this free and easy service, you can transfer up to Rs.40,000/- per day instantly. There is no limit on a number of transactions.
7. Credit Card Payment (Visa) to pay the bill of any Visa credit card. Credit Card Payment Make a paperless payment of your SBI credit card bill.
8. SBI Life Premium Payment Pay your SBI Life insurance premium payment using any of our ATMs.
9. Mobile Top-up you can recharge your mobile prepaid connection from any of our 50000+ ATMs.
10. Cheque Book Request you can order your cheque book without visiting the branch or filling in any transaction slips. Remember to update your registered address in the branch as the cheque book will be delivered at the address registered in the branch.
11. Trust Donation you can make a donation to your favourite charity. For example, (a) Vaishno Devi (b) Shirdi Saibaba (c) Gurudwara Takht Saheb, Nanded (d) Tirupati (e) Sri Jagannath Temple, Puri (f) Palani, Tamil Nadu (g) Kanchi Kamakoti Petam, Tamil Nadu (h) Ramakrishna Mission, Kolkata (i) Mantralaya, Andhra Pradesh (j) Kashi Vishwanath, Banaras (k) Tulja Bhavani, Mumbai (l) Mahalakshmi, Mumbai and many more.
12. Bill payment: you can use your ATMs to pay your utility bills viz. Bangalore/Hubli/Chamundeshwari Electricity Supply Company, Karnataka and Chattisgarh State Electricity Board.
13. Mobile Banking Registration: you can Register/Deregister your mobile banking application using SBI ATMs.
14. Link Aadhar: You can also Register/link your Aadhar with your account using our ATMs.
15. Register mobile number: You can register/update your mobile number with your account using our ATMs.
16. Inter-mobile Mobile Payment System: You can register for the IMPS service at all our ATMs. This service allows you to transfer money to any other person with a registered IMPS number instantly.
As the cases of ATM fraud has been on a rise. In most cases, residents of Metro cities become a victim of skimming and fraud. By taking these measures you can ensure that your ATM cash withdrawal transactions remain safe and secure.
Here are some SBI ATM Security Tips:
1. Sign on the reverse of the card immediately on receipt.
2. Change your ATM PIN regularly.
3. Avoid keeping the PIN with the debit card it's better to memorize it.
4. Do not provide the ATM card and PIN details to anyone, including Bank/IBA/RBI/Govt. agency/family/friends, etc. They will never ask for this information.
5. Do not let strangers come into the ATM room while transaction or take their help to complete the transactions.
6. Hide the keypad while entering your PIN at ATM/POS terminals.
7. Avoid throwing your transaction slip in the ATM room as it contains your account information.
8. Make sure you wait till the ATM returns to the idle mode and the green light is blinking.
9. Insist on swiping your card in your presence in hotels/shops/malls, etc.
10. Never swipe your card at POS machines kept at unknown temporary stalls.
11. Block and destroy your old card once you get a new one and always register your mobile number at the Branch to get SMS alerts for all transactions
12. Always hotlist your card immediately on losing it by calling on 1800 425 3800 or 1800 11 22 11.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.