Sikkim lockdown from May 17: Check what is RESTRICTED
A complete lockdown will be imposed in Sikkim with effect from May 17 to May 24 considering the rising Coronavirus cases amid the already ongoing partial lockdown. The decision came after a review of the situation on Friday when it was found that the average positivity rate of the virus in the state has continued to be more than 20 percent in the last few weeks.
A complete lockdown will be imposed in Sikkim with effect from May 17 to May 24 considering the rising Coronavirus cases amid the already ongoing partial lockdown.
The decision to impose a complete lockdown came after a review of the situation on Friday when it was found that the average positivity rate of the virus in the state has continued to be more than 20 percent in the last few weeks, according to PTI.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
As per the government notification, ration shops, private commercial establishments, state government offices, institutions, gymnasiums, markets, and factories will be closed during these seven days.
#IndiaFightsCOVID19#Sikkim Govt vide Order No 19/Home/2021 dated 14/5/2021 declares complete lockdown in the State starting from 17th May to 24th May 2021 in order to control surge in Covid cases in the State. #Unite2FightCorona #StaySafe #StayHome@PMOIndia @MIB_India pic.twitter.com/G9DeIWWqR3
— PIB in Sikkim (@PIBGangtok) May 14, 2021
Here is the list of restrictions that will be imposed in the state:
1. Milk booths will remain open from 7 am to 11 am.
2. Units engaged in manufacturing medicines, medical equipment, oxygen, and allied sectors will be open.
3. Vehicles carrying vegetables, food items, and other essential commodities will be allowed to move.
4. In case of medical emergencies, commercial and private vehicles will be allowed to operate after getting permission from the authorities.
5. Vaccination will also be carried out at different locations within the state.
6. Violation of the lockdown rules will attract penal action.
7. Central government offices will operate with the orders issued by the Government of India.
8. No congregation will be allowed.
9. Lockdown-like restrictions were imposed in Sikkim from May 6 and that will be in effect till May 16.
All public gatherings such as weddings were not allowed during the partial lockdown. While special permits for funerals and other emergencies were provided by the respective Block Development Officers and SDMs.
Also, all business establishments throughout the state were allowed to remain open from 10 am to 4 pm and will remain completely shut on Saturdays and Sundays.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.