RBI Credit Policy Highlights - Top 10 Points: Missed announcement? Know key takeaways in brief
MPC voted unanimously to leave the policy repo rate unchanged at 4 per cent; Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank rate remain unchanged at 4.25 per cent; The reverse repo rate stands unchanged at 3.35 per cent; Continues with the accommodative stance of monetary policy as long as necessary – at least through the current financial year and into the next year
RBI Credit Policy: The Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das today made the bimonthly policy announcements. Know the top 10 announcements made by the Governor after days of deliberation by the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC). See highlights here!
RBI Credit Policy Highlights: RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das announcements
1. RTGS system will soon be made 24x7. RBI proposed to reduce settlement and default risk in the system by facilitating settlement of AePS, IMPS, NETC, NFS, RuPay, UPI transactions on all days of the week.
2. MPC voted unanimously to leave the policy repo rate unchanged at 4 per cent; Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank rate remain unchanged at 4.25 per cent; The reverse repo rate stands unchanged at 3.35 per cent; Continues with the accommodative stance of monetary policy as long as necessary – at least through the current financial year and into the next year.
3. CPI inflation rose sharply to 7.3 per cent in September and further to 7.6 per cent in October 2020. Outlook for inflation has turned adverse relative to expectations in the last two months. CPI inflation is projected at 6.8 per cent for Q3 2020-21, 5.8 per cent for Q4:2020-21 and 5.2 to 4.6 per cent in H1 2021-22.
4. Recovery in rural demand is expected to strengthen further, while urban demand is also gaining momentum.
5. Private investment is still slack and capacity utilisation has not fully recovered.
6. Exports are on an uneven recovery, the prospects have brighteneed with the progress on the vaccines.
7. Real GDP growth is projected at (-) 7.5 per cent in 2020-21; (+) 0.1 per cent in Q3 of 2020- 21 and (+) 0.7 per cent in Q4 of 2020-21; and 21.9 per cent to 6.5 per cent in H1 of 2021- 22.
8. On-tap targeted long term repo operations to be expanded to cover other stressed sectors in synergy with the credit guarantee available under the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS 2.0) of the Government. This will encourage banks to extend credit support to stressed sectors at lower cost.
9. Regional Rural Banks to be allowed to access the LAF and MSF of the RBI; and also the Call/Notice money market. Commercial and co-operative banks to retain profits; not make any dividend pay-out from the profits for financial year 2019-20.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
10. On Digital payments - to issue Reserve Bank of India (Digital Payment Security Controls) Directions for the regulated entities
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.