Proud moment! Train 18 hits track for testing; From Modi's 'Make in India' to world class features, check details here
Indian Railways Train 18 has been conceived, designed and has been developed in a record time of about 18 months, as against the industry demand of about 3 to 4 years.
Indian Railways has today rolled out the spectacular, much-awaited Train 18 for trials. The Integral Coach Factory, Chennai has handed over the train's charge to Research Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO) for testing. Railway Board Chairman Ashwani Lohani was present on this significant occasion for Indian Railways. Exactly how important Train 18 is can be gauged from the fact that it will most likely replace the popular Shatabdi Express in the coming days.
Indian Railways Train 18 has been conceived, designed and has been developed in a record time of about 18 months, as against the industry demand of about 3 to 4 years, for designing and developing of such type of new design coaches, the ICF had said.
Watch This Zee Business Video
Check out the key features:
* Train 18 has 80% Indian origin components in alignment with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for ‘Make in India’
* The Maximum Operating speed is 160 kmph
* Train-18 has two Driving Trailer Coaches with Aerodynamic Driver’s Cab (Nose Cone) on both the ends. The train is self-propelled on electric traction just like Metro trains
* The train has onboard Wi-Fi infotainment and GPS Based Passenger Information System
* Diffused LED lighting and charging points beneath every seat
* Individual touch-based reading lights
* Auto sensor taps in the toilets,
* Modern pantry and food service facilities
* Rotating seats to match with the direction of the train in Executive Class
* Automatic Sliding Doors inside the coaches
* Intelligent air-conditioning system to adjust the cooling according to the climate conditions/occupancy
प्रधानमंत्री @NarendraModi के मेक इन इंडिया अभियान को आगे बढ़ाते हुए भारतीय रेल ने विश्वस्तरीय T-18 ट्रेन का निर्माण किया है, यह ट्रेन आधुनिक सुविधाओं से परिपूर्ण है व यात्रियों को एक विश्वस्तरीय सफर देने के लिए तैयार है। आइए देखते है इसकी खासियत : pic.twitter.com/jxVvrfCkcC
— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) October 25, 2018
* Seating capacity of over 1,100 people
* CCTV cameras on both the sides of the driving cab
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.