PM Narendra Modi to address fintech event Infinity Forum 2.0
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the second edition of the International Financial Services Centres Authority's flagship event, Infinity Forum, on Saturday, December 9.
The event will be hosted by the IFSCA and GIFT City, under the aegis of the Government of India, according to an official statement.
Here are 10 key things to know about the Infinity Forum 2.0:
- The Infinity Forum 2.0, a pre-cursor to Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2024, will feature both an invite-only in-person gathering in GIFT City and virtual participation from across the globe.
- The theme of the Forum is 'GIFT-IFSC: Nerve Centre for New Age Global Financial Services'.
- The theme will be explored through three tracks:
- Plenary Track focusing on the making of a new age international financial centre
- Green Track making a case for a Green Stack
- Silver Track, which will be dedicated to the Longevity Finance Hub at GIFT IFSC
- Notable speakers at the Infinity Forum 2.0 event include:
- Chief Minister of Gujarat Bhupendra Patel
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal
- Minister for Railways, Communications, Electronics & Information Technology Ashwini Vaishnaw
- DEA Secretary Ajay Seth
- The event will also host speakers from various sectors, including finance, technology and governance, including Kaku Nakhate, President and Country Head at Bank of America (India), and Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Founder and CEO of Paytm.
- The forum will include an investors' meeting on December 8, providing a platform for fintech entities to showcase their products and solutions, along with one-to-one meetings with participating investors.
- The Infinity Forum 2.0 is anticipated to draw participation from more than 300 CXOs in-person and a global online audience from more than 20 countries, according to the finance ministry statement.
- The first edition of the forum was organised in December 2021 and witnessed more than 95,000 registrations across more than 80 countries.
- The GIFT City, Gandhinagar-headquartered IFSCA functions as a unified authority for the development and regulation of financial products, financial services and financial institutions in the International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) in India.
- Currently, GIFT IFSC is the maiden international financial services centre in the country.
02:33 PM IST