PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Launch UPDATES: PM Modi transfers Rs 2000 each to 1,01,00,000 farmers; Check official website, other details
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme Launch LIVE UPDATES: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN) in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme Launch LIVE UPDATES: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN) in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh. The scheme was announced in the interim budget 2019-20, PM Modi launched the scheme from the Fertilizer Corporation of India ground by pressing a button to electronically transfer the first instalment of Rs 2,000 to selected farmers. Under the scheme, Rs 6,000 will be given per year to small and marginal farmer families having combined land holding/ownership of up to two hectares. The amount will be given in three instalments of Rs 2,000 each and will be transferred directly to the bank accounts of beneficiaries through the direct benefit transfer (DBT) scheme.
The Direct Benefit Transfer will ensure transparency in the process and save time for farmers. The Scheme was introduced to augment the income of small and marginal farmers and is estimated to benefit over 12 crore farmers. The Prime Minister will also distribute certificates to select farmers under the PM-KISAN scheme and interact with select beneficiaries of through video conferencing. "The PM-KISAN scheme aims to supplement the financial needs of small and marginal farmers in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income at the end of each crop cycle. This would also protect them from falling in the clutches of moneylenders for meeting such expenses and ensure their continuance in farming activities," an official statement had said earlier.
Check LIVE UPDATES of PM-KISAN launch:
- Launching the scheme, PM Modi said, "I have got the good fortune of transferring the first installment of the scheme in the bank accounts of 1 crore and 1 lakh farmers of the country. I have been told that farmers of 21 states and union territories have been included. Rs 2000 eachh has been been tranferred to accounts of these farmers."
- PM Modi has launched the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme. He also distributed cheques to farmers on the occasion in Gorakhpur.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is now in Gorakhpur.
- The PM-KISAN is a scheme with 100 per cent funding from the central government. It became effective on December 1, 2018 for transfer of benefit to eligible beneficiaries. "The state governments and the UT administration will identify the farmer families, which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines," the statement said.
कल मा. प्रधानमंत्री श्री @narendramodi जी देश के किसानों को आय सहायता प्रदान करने हेतु अब तक की सबसे बड़ी किसान सहायता योजना "प्रधानमंत्री किसान सम्मान निधि (#PMKISAN)" का शुभारम्भ करेंगे। मा. मुख्यमंत्री, उत्तरप्रदेश श्री @myogiadityanath जी भी कार्यक्रम में उपस्थित रहेंगे। pic.twitter.com/HvUy8TJxPY
— Radha Mohan Singh (@RadhamohanBJP) February 23, 2019
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Features
- PM KISAN is a Central Sector scheme with 100% funding from the Government of India.
- It has become operational from 1.12.2018.
- Under the scheme, income support of Rs.6000/- per year in three equal instalments will be provided to small and marginal farmer families having combined land holding/ownership of up to 2 hectares.
”The Modi government’s gift to small and marginal farmer families.”
Today is the nationwide launch of “Pradhan Mantri KIsan SAmman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)” by Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri @narendramodi in Gorakhpur.
Watch lLIVE: https://t.co/46MSMxWpnX#PMKisan #BJPForSamridhKisan pic.twitter.com/whgJKwd83u
— Radha Mohan Singh (@RadhamohanBJP) February 24, 2019
- Definition of the family for the scheme is husband, wife and minor children.
- State Government and UT Administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines.
- The fund will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- The first instalment for the period 1.12.2018 to 31.03.2019 is to be provided in this financial year itself.
- There are various Exclusion Categories for the scheme.
PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme Launch
- Reports said on Saturday that PM Modi will transfer Rs 25,000 crore into bank accounts of approximately 12 crore farmers across the country in one click under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme. It will be launched at the national farmers' convention in Gorakhpur.
(With agency inputs)