Online SBI user? Failed to login with password, username sent by bank? Do this
It is always suggested to change the system generated user name and password when you first log in to Online SBI. But what if you are unable to login with the user name and password sent by courier?
Opened SBI netbanking account but can't log-in with the user-id and password couriered to you by the bank? Here's something that will help you. The user name and password are cryptic in nature because they are system generated and are case sensitive. It is always suggested to change the system generated user name and password when you first log in to Online SBI. But what if you are unable to login with the user name and password sent by courier?
As per the guidelines of SBI, when you are typing the user name and password for the first time, type the characters as they appear in the document sent to you. But if you still encounter problems while logging in then you must register your issue in the "Complaints" link in the login page.
You need to follow these steps to complain about the same issue:
1. To complain you should visit the link given https://cms.onlinesbi.com/CMS/
2. Enter all the details such as customer type, account number, Name Of Complainant, Branch Code(If other than Home Branch), Mobile number, E-mail ID.
3. Select the category of complaints as "Technology: Internet banking"
4. Select next option product service as "Pre Login complaints"
5. Select Nature of complaint as "User name/ password provided by branch not functional" option.
6. Give brief details of unable to login issue.
7. Enter correct captcha.
8. Click on "Submit" option.
Here are some good practices for creating a password:
1. Select a word that is not available in an English Dictionary
2. Do not assign your name, your family or vehicle number as your password because it can be easily guessed.
3. Change your password frequently.
4. Please commit your password to memory. Do not write it down or paste it somewhere.
5. Do not divulge your password to anybody even if they claim to be from SBI.
Log on to www.sbi.co.in for more details. Also, if you have any specific queries, call our toll free number 1800-112211