Noida-Greater Noida Metro Aqua Line status, route map, stations, train speed: Services may start in October; Key facts
Noida-Greater Noida Metro Aqua Line : The much-awaited Noida-Greater Noida metro corridor is likely to start its services from October. The Noida Metro Rail Corporation is awaiting the final approvals which it expects to receive anytime soon. The NMRCL has already inked an MoU with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation. The DMRC will assist the NMRC in operating the Aqua Line Corridor in the first year. The DMRC has deployed 100 officers to provide handholding support including training to the freshly recruited NMRC workforce over the next one year. The contract may be extended further. Check out the key facts about the Aqua Line Metro:
* The Noida-Greater Noida metro corridor is 29.7 km long.
* There will be 21 stations (15 in Noida and 6 in Greater Noida) excluding Noida City Centre and Sector 52. The stations are Noida Sector 71, 50, 78, 101, 81, Dadri Road, Noida Sector 83, 137, 142, 143, 144, 147, 153, 146, 149, Knowledge Park II, Pari Chowk, Sector- Alpha 1, Alpha 2, and Delta 1 and Depot Station.
* NMRC will have its own security personnel and ticketing system and metro cards. Delhi Metro cards will not be valid on Aqua Line and you cannot travel in Delhi Metro using NMRC card, reported TOI.
* A total of 11 trains are required to start the operations. The NMRC already have 5 trains which are undergoing extensive testing on the line.
* The Aqua line will have 19 rakes with 4 cars each. These all are lightweight cars made up of stainless steel. A four-coach rake will be able to carry 1034 passengers (maximum capacity).
* Each train is equipped with a passenger information system, a public address system and an emergency announcement system.
Watch This Zee Business Video
* All the stations will have platform screen doors for passenger safety. As of now, 102 lifts and 81 escalators have been commissioned.
* The maximum design speed of the trains will be 95 kmph. However, the scheduled speed is 35 kmph.