Nellore railway station to get world-class makeover; Venkaiah Naidu dedicates various train services to Andhra Pradesh
Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu today launched various rail developmental works and passenger amenities/facilities in the state of Andhra Pradesh at a function held at Nellore Railway Station today.
Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu today launched various rail developmental works and passenger amenities/facilities in the state of Andhra Pradesh at a function held at Nellore Railway Station today. Railway Minister Piyush Goyal was also present on the occasion. Speaking during the occasion, Venkaiah Naidu recollected how he envisaged the potential for connecting Krishnapatnam on rail network, which has proved right now, with freight traffic between the Port and various destinations towards Rayalaseema, Karnataka and beyond, substantially contributing to generate revenue for Railways. The new rail line will reduce distance between Venkatachalam and Obulavaripalli by 72 kms he informed.
The rail developmental works and passenger facilities launched are:
1. Inauguration of New Railway Line between Venkatachalam-Vellikallu and Obulavaripalli-Cherlopalli Stations (Part of Krishnapatnam-Obulavaripalli New Railway Lines Project).
SIP Calculator: Need money for daughter's education? This SIP investment formula can help you generate Rs 1 crore
2. Laying of foundation stone for Provision of Passenger Amenities at all Railway Stations from Krishnapatnam to Rapuru (Part of Krishnapatnam-Obulavaripalli New Railway Lines Project).
3. Announcement of Passenger Train Operations between Venkatachelam-Rapuru Stations from 25 th December, 2019.
4. Laying of foundation stone for redevelopment of Nellore Railway Station.
5. Inaugurate New Foot Over Bridge at Nellore South Railway Station.
6. Inauguration of Upgraded Passenger Amenities at Tirupati Railway Station (via Remote Video Link).
7. Dedication of Free High-Speed Wi-Fi facility at Nellore, Gudur and Renigunta Railway Stations to the Nation.
8. Dedicate New Booking Office at Akkampet Railway Stations to the Nation.
9. Dedication of New Foot Over Bridge and New Booking Office at Tiruvottiyur Railway Station to the Nation (via Remote Video Link).
10. Dedication of Subway in lieu of Level Crossing No.34 at Gummidipundi to the Nation (via Remote Video Link).
11. Flagging off of Nellore-Chennai Central MEMU Service.
Stressing on the emotional connect he holds with Nellore, the Vice President stated that the day is significant because a host of rail works have taken off, including the rail connectivity to his birth place towards Rapuru.
Speaking on the rail developmental initiatives, he said that the new Railway line between Venkatachalam and Obulavaripalli and the existing Krishnapatnam-Venkatachalam connectivity will be the game changer for Railways in the region, on the strength of hugely enhancing freight traffic potential besides catering to the needs of rail users, upon introduction of passenger services soon.
Venkaiah Naidu highlighted the iconic status of Nellore city and stated that the plan to redevelop Nellore Railway Station is in tune with the same. The World Class project being taken up at a cost of Rs 147 crore, will herald the best in terms of design structure, aesthetics, safety and durability, making rail travel an elegant experience. The provision of free highspeed Wi-Fi services at Nellore, Gudur and Renigunta Railway Stations signify the needs of New India to stay digitally connected.
Piyush Goyal said that an amount of Rs 1830 crore is being spent for the new projects announced today. Responding to the suggestion of Vice President for a new Intercity train to connect Gudur with Vijayawada, the rail minister announced that the new day time train will be introduced shortly, once the Venkatachalam – Obulavaripalli new line is completed. The Minister pointed out the fast pace of rail infra works undertaken in Andhra Pradesh in the last four years, comparing the statistics with the previous years.
"Only 8 kms of new railway line was laid between 2009-2014, while 290 kms of new rail line has been laid in the state between 2014-2019. In terms of electrification, 219 kms were electrified between 2009-2014, while 1045 kms have been electrified in the last 05 years between 2014-2019, conveying the thrust given by the railways towards development of Andhra Pradesh," he said.
Watch This Zee Business Video
The rail minister also announced a slew of benefits for rail users, fulfilling the needs of various places, in Andhra Pradesh, which are:
1. Frequency of Train No. 17215/17216 Vijayawada – Dharmavaram express will be increased from 03 days a week at present, to run daily from 22nd February, 2019.
2. Stoppage for Train No. 11020/11019 Bhubaneswar – Mumbai (CSMT) Konark express at Pithapuram from 21st February, 2019.
3. Stoppage for Train No. 11017/11018 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (Kurla) – Karaikal Weekly express at Razampeta from 24th February, 2019
4. Extension of Train No. 20889/20890 Howrah – Vijayawada Humsafar Weekly Express to Tirupati from 24th February, 2019.
5. Extension of Train No. 68433/68434 Cuttack – Brahmapur MEMU service to Ichchapuram from 03rd March, 2019.
6. Extension of Train No. 58526/58525 Visakhapatnam – Palasa Passenger to Brahmapur from 03rd March, 2019.
7. Extension of Train No. 77673/77674 Miryalaguda – Kacheguda DEMU service to Nadikude from 23rd February, 2019.