Watch: New 'lifeline' for Andhra Pradesh - Nadikude-Srikalahasti Railway Line; check route map, current status details
Nadikude-Srikalahasti Railway Line: Andhra Pradesh is set to take another step towards prosperity with the construction of the Nadikude-Srikalahasti Railway Line project.
Nadikude-Srikalahasti Railway Line: Andhra Pradesh is set to take another step towards prosperity with the construction of the Nadikude-Srikalahasti Railway Line project. The new railway line project has been undertaken by the South Central Railway. The first phase of the project is expected to be fully completed by March 2019, according to South Central Railway. Here's all you need to know about the project:
- The new rail line expected to facilitate freight transport in this mineral rich belt besides offering scope for substantial passenger traffic.
- The rail line project wil serve as the shortest route between Guntur and Tirupati cities, apart from offering sound rail connectivity to the capital of Andhra Pradesh - Amaravati.
Watch: Nadikude-Srikalahasti Railway Line
— SouthCentralRailway (@SCRailwayIndia) December 18, 2018
- The new railway line connects the interior regions of Guntur, Prakasam and Nellore districts on the rail map.
- The project was first sanctioned in the year 2011-12 for a distance of 309 kms at an estimated cost of Rs 2289 crore.
Nadikude-Srikalahasti Railway Line Route Map
- The project is being executed in four phases:
Phase 1: Pidugurulla - Savalyapuram (45.5 km)
Phase II: Gundlakamma-Darsi & Venkatgiri - Alturipadu ( 41.95 km)
Phase III: Darsi-Kanigiri & Alturipadu-Venkatauram (95.55 km)
Phase IV: Kanigiri-Obulayapalle-Venkatapuram (126.16 km)
- The completion of the Phase I of the rail line project between New Piduguralla to Rompichrla (28.5 km) is expected in February 2019 and between Rompicherla-Savalyapurama (17 km) by March next year.
- The new line consiss of 160 bridges, 28 road over bridges, 144 road under bridges, 37 new railway statins including 26 crossing stations and 11 halts.
- The Nadikude-Srikalahasti new broad guage line has been conceptualised as an alternative route to the present Coastal Railway line between Vijayawada and Chennai. The present route is saturates and often subjected to cyclone and floods, resulting in serious rail traffic disruptions.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.