Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Express gets new modified coaches
Under the Railway Ministry's "Operation Swarn", Western Railway's premier Rajdhani Express on Tuesday got refurbished coaches.
Operation Swarn is a project to improve the aesthetics and comfort levels of passenger trains.
"In a bid to enhance traveling experience and riding comfort of its passengers, we have refurbished the Rajdhani Express," Ravinder Bhakar, chief spokesperson of Western Railway (WR), said.
The 12951/52 Mumbai-New Delhi Rajdhani Express train consists of a number of new elements and improvements like - vinyl wrapped anti-graffiti interiors, new paint scheme, LED lighting and better berths.
The coach will have better toilets with modular with toilet paper dispensers, better wash basins, branded bath fittings, odour control systems and good quality soap dispensers. Also, toilet occupancy indicators have also been added at the end of each coach.
Some of the other features include:
- Premium quality mirrors and better dustbins
- Cleaner seating area
- New design curtains have been provided in the First AC coaches
- Digital watches in the cabins of First AC coaches indicating temperature and humidity as well
- Photographs showcasing monuments and cultural heritage of Maharashtra and Gujarat in the entrance passage area
- Coach numbers clearly visible inside the coaches for easy identification
- All information related to safety of passengers and services available onboard has been put on a single notice board for the convenience of the passengers
- The move comes weeks after the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Shatabdi Express got coaches, christened 'Anubhuti', with aircraft-like interiors.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.