- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
Monsoon hits Odisha, rain in several areas brings relief from scorching heat
Southwest monsoon finally made onset on the Odisha coast, triggering rainfall in different parts of the state today.
Southwest monsoon finally made onset on the Odisha coast, triggering rainfall in different parts of the state today, providing residents much-needed relief from the scorching summer. Indin Meteorological Department`s senior scientist Mrutyunjay Mohapatra said that the monsoon will further advance into Odisha in the next three days.
Mohapatra, who will take charge as IMD Director General on August 1, said that within the next 72 hours, the entire state will experience rainfall, predicting that districts like Boudh, Gajapati, Ganjam, Kalahandi and Kandhamal could experience rain starting from Friday.
Bhubaneswar Meteorological Centre Director, HR Biswas said the monsoon has entered Odisha and has covered 16 districts - all 11 coastal districts and five interior districts - on Friday and would cover the remaining districts in the next 48 hours to 72 hours.
Biswas said very to very heavy rainfall warning has been issued for districts of Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jajpur, Jagatsinghpur, Angul, Keonjhar, Deogarh, Sambalpur, Bhadrak, Kendrapara and Sundargarh.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.