Modi's 1000-day agenda: 5 big developments in Indian Railways to expect by 2022
Modi's 1000-day agenda: Ahead of the Lok Sabha elections 2019, BJP manifesto promised that on Platinum Jubilee (completion of 75 years) of India's Independence, the NDA government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi will fulfill 75 promises to strengthen the country.
Modi's 1000-day agenda: Ahead of the Lok Sabha elections 2019, BJP manifesto promised that on Platinum Jubilee (completion of 75 years) of India's Independence, the NDA government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi will fulfill 75 promises to strengthen the country. The manifesto promised to work in the areas of agriculture, infrastructure, railways, and health, among others. PM Modi has set these targets as benchmarks to realise the New India vision.
The Prime Minister has mentioned about these targets in his various speeches. Some of the promises in the 75-point promise are also about measures to strengthen the Indian Railways. Works on all of these have already started and you can expect them to be completed by 2022. Here is a look at five big promises that may change the face of Indian Railways by 2022:
1. In its Lok Sabha elections 2019 manifesto, the party has promised that it will complete conversion of all viable tracks to broad guage by 2022.
2. BJP promised that its government will ensure electrification of all the railway tracks by 2022. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs last year approved a proposal for electrification of the remaining 13,675 route km of railway tracks. This will cost about Rs 12,134 crore, converting the entire railway network.
3. Start developing smart railway stations across the country.
4. WiFi facility to be made available at all Railway stations. The Indian Railways has already made WiFi services available at many stations. The RailWire Wi-Fi service has been rolled out at 831 railway stations, which is one of the world’s largest public WiFi networks. Railway Minister Piyush Goyal earlier said that the national transporter has plans to make free Wi-Fi available at 4,000 more railway stations across the country.
5. The national transporter will complete the freight corridor project by 2022. This project will make the movement of goods much easier and cheaper. This project is likely to get importance in July Budget 2019.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.