- Stock Market Outlook: Our dependence on US market limited now, next 10-15 years belong to India, says Anil Singhvi | Here's why
- Toyota Hyryder Unveiled: Toyota India unveils new self-charging hybrid electric SUV in India; check details
- Virtual Digital Assets: VDAs to attract 1% TDS from today; know what CBDT says about new norms
- Gold Price Today: Yellow metal surges by over Rs 1000 as excise duty hiked to 12.5% - check gold rate in your city
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
Massive success! Indian Railways 'Operation Thunder' uncovers illegal ticket sale worth over Rs 3.5 crore by touts
In a bid to ease the hassles of passengers Indian Railways recently launched a campaign against touts under 'Operation Thunder'.
In a bid to ease the hassles of passengers Indian Railways recently launched a campaign against touts under 'Operation Thunder'. The campaign has been a big success in the peak season for railway passengers due to summer vacations and the season for marriages in North India. Railways had learnt that anti-social elements were misusing the facility of e-ticketing, Tatkal Seva etc. and selling rail tickets on higher rates adopting fraudulent means. They were also, reportedly, receiving the facility given for common passengers on IRCTC website, depriving the bonaﬁde passengers of availing regular tickets.
In an official release, the Indian Railway said, "An All India drive was launched with the help of technical and IT cell,
identifying all suspected agents, by DG/RPF Arun Kumar.
"A detailed work plan was prepared after collecting information about the activities of these suspected agents. It was decided to conduct raids all over the country on the same day and same time. Field ofﬁcers were instructed to verify the
information before raids," it said further.
On June 13, under “Operation Thunder”, 338 places in 205 cities were raided by various RPF teams across the country. Here are the campaign's highlights:
- 387 touts were found to be involved in this illegal business.
- 22,253 tickets valued at Rs.36,91,580 on which the journey was supposed to be undertaken have been seized
- In the preliminary enquiry, it has been found that these touts have done such illegal sale of tickets valued at Rs.3,79,02,803
- All suspected User Ids have been blacklisted and the tickets are being deactivated.
- Illegal Software ANMS/Red Mirchi has been seized from Kota, Rajasthan.
- 375 cases have been registered with the arrest of 387 persons.
- All Zonal Railways have been instructed to continue mounting pressure on such elements and conduct special drives.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.