Making last-minute IRCTC tatkal ticket booking? Here are important points to know
IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking: Not only the second class category but tatkal bookings are allowed in all classes except First AC and Executive class.
IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking: There is a massive rise in booking tatkal tickets at Indian Railways ticket windows in the last few years. However, railways also allows online tatkal ticket booking facility through its catering service provider IRCTC. Not only the second class category, but tatkal bookings are allowed in all classes except First AC and Executive class. One of the drawbacks in booking tatkal tickets is that there is no guaranteed confirmation. Tickets are not always confirmed and they are also costly in comparison to normal train tickets. If you want to book a tatkal ticket, here's a list of cons to know:
1. Ladies and General quota cannot be opted along with tatkal quota.
2. No concession is allowed in tatkal ticket booking.
3. Tatkal charges per passenger in addition to normal ticket: The tatkal charges have been fixed as a percentage of fare at the rate of 10% of basic fare for second class and 30% of basic fare for all other classes.
4. Tatkal E-ticket can be booked for selected trains one day in advance, excluding the date of journey from the train's originating station. It can be booked on the opening day from 10:00 hrs for AC class (2A/3A/CC/EC/3E) and at 11:00 hrs for Non- AC class(SL/FC/2S). If the train is to depart from originating station on 2nd August, the tatkal booking will commence at 10:00 AM and for Non-AC class, it will commence at 11:00 AM on August 1.
Watch Zee Business video here:
5. Tatkal tickets will be issued for actual distance of travel, instead of end-to-end, subject to the distance restriction applicable to the train. The same tatkal berth/seat may be booked in multiple legs till preparation of charts. For some trains/class/locations, tatkal quota may not be available. Hence, check the availability before booking.
6. No refund will be granted on the cancellation of confirmed tatkal tickets. For contingent cancellation and waitlisted tatkal ticket cancellations, charges will be deducted as per the existing Railway rules.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.