Lucknow to Tirupati: These 10 Indian Railways stations are getting airport-like makeover
Indian Railways Station Redevelopment: These stations are Lucknow's Charbagh, Gomti Nagar, Delhi's Sarai Rohilla, Kota, Thane, Mandgaon, Ernakulam, Nellore, Tirupati, and Puducherry.
Indian Railways has already been working to provide world-class stations to people and the work is already under implementation at stations like Madhya Pradesh's Habibganj and Gujarat's Surat among others. Now, the railways has planned to develop 10 stations by equipping them with airport-like facilities.
These stations are Lucknow's Charbagh, Gomti Nagar, Delhi's Sarai Rohilla, Kota, Thane, Mandgaon, Ernakulam, Nellore, Tirupati, and Puducherry.
The work has already started at these stations. The National Building Construction Company (NBCC) has prepared the design for the redeveloped of stations. The redevelopment work of the Charbagh station is expected to get completed by 2020 at an approximate cost of Rs 600 crore.
The total cost of redevelopment of all these 10 stations has been estimated at Rs 5,000 crore. These stations will have facilities like malls, shops, food plaza and office spaces. The NBCC is also considering of building affordable houses on the land nearby stations.
These stations will not only improve passenger amenities but will improve the connectivity.
Here are some of the benefits of the redeveloped stations:
* 24x7 footfall with a direct inter-connectivity into Railway Station is peerless with any other locality for businesses.
* Increase of Railway passenger footfall into many folds due to station Redevelopment.
* Future likely expansion with Commercial Office spaces, IT Towers, Hotels & Residential apartments will attract the people from nook and corner of the city.
* Intelligent space design with wide corridors, Atriums, Sky-lights, Escalators and landscaped open areas, hassle-free basement parking would increase the comforts to shopaholics.
* The Ultra-modern facilities/services with integrated Buildings Management systems and Green Building features shall generate positive energy into building/spaces.
Watch This Zee Business Video
The railways has planned to develop around 400 railway stations at an estimated investment of over Rs 1 lakh crore.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.