LPG cylinder price hiked: But, here is how you can get it for cheap
In non-subsidized LPG cylinder in 14 kg, the prices were hiked by Rs 5 each in Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Chennai to Rs 706.5, Rs 732.5, Rs 678.5 and Rs 722 respectively.
The price of LPG cylinder has been hiked but at slower pace, especially in non-subsidized category. Prices have been hiked in all categories like 14 kg per subsidized cylinder, 14 kg per non-subsidized cylinder and 19 kg per subsidized cylinder. Data given by Indian Oil shows that, from April 01, the price of 14 kg per subsidized cylinder is set at Rs 495.85 in Delhi, at Rs 499 in Kolkata, at Rs 493.57 in Mumbai and Rs 483.74 in Chennai. These four metro cities have seen Rs 0.25 each hike in their subsidized cylinder for 14 kg in April month. Coming back to non-subsidized LPG cylinder in 14 kg, the prices were hiked by Rs 5 each in Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Chennai to Rs 706.5, Rs 732.5, Rs 678.5 and Rs 722 respectively.
On the other hand, 19 kg per subsidized cylinder saw hefty increase in its price. It was hiked by Rs 68.5 each in Delhi and Mumbai, to Rs 1,305.5 and Rs 1,253.5, respectively. Meanwhile, the price in Kolkata which stood at Rs 1,354.5 saw Rs 67.5 hike. However, it was Chennai were prices were increased most by Rs 69 and were sold at Rs 1,405.
From the above it can be said that, LPG cylinder in subsidized for household is much cheaper. However, a person can buy cylinder at that price only when they have linked it with Aadhaar card.
Here’s how you can link Aadhaar with LPG connection:
1. One can link their Aadhaar number to their LPG connection by simply visiting the web page. https://rasf.uidai.gov.in/seeding/User/ResidentSelfSeedingpds.aspx
2. Fill in your postal address mentioned in your Aadhar Card.
3. Enter your Aadhar No, email-id and mobile no. The OTP will be received in the mentioned mobile number.
4. Select 'LPG' as type of benefit and then select the service provider such as the Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Limited (BPCL).
5. Select the name of your distributor and then enter your consumer number. The consumer name will appear next to the text field.
कैसे सुनें खतरे की घंटी? शेयर का रेड सिग्नल कैसे समझें? आने वाली गिरावट को कैसे भांपें?
समझें आसान भाषा में अनिल सिंघवी और वरिंदर बंसल के साथ, देखिए #ResearchGurukul बुधवार सुबह 10:26 पर।@AnilSinghviZEE @varinder_bansal pic.twitter.com/TGBwwnnK0D
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) April 1, 2019
6. After filling the necessary details, click on submit.
7. A dialogue box will appear asking for the one time password or OTP received on the mentioned mobile number.
8. Enter the security text and click on save to submit your request.
Although Aadhaar card is not necessarily needed for having an LPG connection. But in order to enjoy the subsidized gas connection, it is of utmost important that you link your Aadhaar card with LPG connections. Also, when you link your bank account for LPG cylinder, because your Aadhaar is linked with the connection, the subsidised amount price will be only deducted.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.