Lost your Aadhaar card? Here is how UIDAI's reprint service will help you
UIDAI has put nominal charges of Rs 50 to avail the service.
If by any chance you have lost or misplaced your Aadhaar letter, then UIDAI's new service will help you. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the regulatory body of the largest and most successful bio-metric identification systems Aadhaar has introduced a new service under their umbrella of services with regard to Aadhaar. The service which was initiated by UIDAI in 2018 on a pilot basis provides the resident of India the facility to attain a reprint of their Aadhaar letter. Additionally, since the Aadhaar is an identification card for every resident of the country, the UIDAI has put nominal charges of Rs 50 to avail the service.
One can make a request for the reprint of their Aadhaar card by visiting the UIDAI Official Website, registered mobile number or an alternate number. The reprint of your Aadhaar will then be delivered to your registered address via speed post.
Here is what you need to do to order a reprint of your Aadhaar card:
1. Visit the official UIDAI website
2. Click on Order Aadhaar Reprint Service
3. Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number (UID) or 16 digit Virtual Identification Number (VID)
4. Enter captcha code.
5. Click on TOTP or OTP whichever suitable. Enter the TOTP/OTP received.
6. Click on the check box against Terms and Conditions.
7. Click on submit
8. Verify your Aadhaar details
9. Click on Make payment. One can make the payment for the reprint by the means of Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking or UPI only.
10. Post the successful payment, the applicant will receive a receipt with the digital signature.
11. The applicant will also receive a 28 digit Service Request Number or SRN which they can track till dispatch.
12. The applicant can further track the delivery status by visiting the Indian postal website, with the Airway Bill Number or AWB number. The AWB number is the number by which you can track your reprint with the Indian Postal services.
13. The Aadhaar reprint will reach the Indian Postal services within 5 working days. Thereafter, the Indian Post will send across the reprint by speed post to the registered address.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.