Jewar International Airport: 10 things you should know about this second international airport
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone of Noida International Airport today, November 25, 2021. The foundation stone will be laid at Jewar in Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh at 1 PM.
Jewar Airport: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone of Noida International Airport today, November 25, 2021. The foundation stone will be laid at Jewar in Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh at 1 PM.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
On Wednesday, the PM has tweeted from his official Twitter handle, "Tomorrow, 25th November is a major day for India’s and Uttar Pradesh’s strides in infra creation. At 1 PM, the foundation stone of the Noida International Airport will be laid. This project will significantly boost commerce, connectivity and tourism."
Tomorrow, 25th November is a major day for India’s and Uttar Pradesh’s strides in infra creation. At 1 PM, the foundation stone of the Noida International Airport will be laid. This project will significantly boost commerce, connectivity and tourism. https://t.co/8sSa8R1aFl
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) November 24, 2021
Here are the 10 things that one should know about the Noida International Airport at Jewar:
1) The Noida International Airport will be the second international airport to come up in Delhi NCR. It will help decongest the IGI Airport. It is strategically located and will serve the people of cities, including Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad, Aligarh, Agra, Faridabad and neighbouring areas.
2) The interested individuals must note that they can catch the stone laying ceremony live on Doordarshan National. The interested individuals must also keep an eye on the official Twitter handles of Prime Minister's Office (PMO) and Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the occasion from 1 PM.
3) The development of the first phase of the airport is being done with a cost of over Rs 10,050 crore.
4) The airport is spread over more than 1300 hectares of land, the completed first phase of the airport will have a capacity to serve around 1.2 crore passengers a year and work on it is scheduled to be completed by 2024. It will be executed by the international bidder Zurich Airport International AG as concessionaire. The groundwork for the first phase regarding land acquisition and rehabilitation of the affected families has been completed.
5) The airport will be the logistics gateway of northern India. Due to its scale and capacity, the airport will be a gamechanger for UP. It will unleash the potential of UP to the world, and help establish the state on the global logistics map.
6) For the first time, an airport in India has been conceptualised with an integrated multi modal cargo hub, with a focus on reducing the total cost and time for logistics. The dedicated cargo terminal will have a capacity of 20 lakh metric tonne, which will be expanded to 80 lakh metric tonne.
7) The airport will develop a Ground Transportation Centre that will feature a multimodal transit hub, housing metro and high-speed rail stations, taxi, bus services and private parking.
8) The new airport will also house a state-of-art MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Overhauling) Service. The design of the airport is focused on low operating costs and seamless and fast transfer processes for passengers.
9) The airport is introducing a swing aircraft stand concept, providing flexibility for airlines to operate an aircraft for both domestic and international flights from the same contact stand, without having to re-position the aircraft.
10) It will be India’s first net zero emissions airport. It has earmarked dedicated land to be developed as forest park using trees from the project site. NIA will preserve all native species and be nature positive throughout the development of the airport.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.