- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Issue filled 37% on Day 1; should you subscribe? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4 price in India revealed - Pre-booking, offers and specifications
- Har Ghar Tiranga campaign: Over 30 crore National Flags sold; CAIT says business worth Rs 500 crore generated
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee death anniversary: Remembering the poet Prime Minister of India
- From Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's portfolio: 5 Tata Group stocks that made him ace investor
IRCTC ticket booking to Aadhaar Card update: 7 things change for you in 2019
Happy New Year 2019: The new year is finally here. While celebrations will likely continue for a few more days, it is also the time to plan for the year ahead.
Happy New Year 2019: The new year is finally here. While celebrations will likely continue for a few more days, it is also the time to plan for the year ahead. Also, it is the time to become aware of changes in some of the crucial services like railway ticketing, Aadhaar card and bank transactions that concern our daily lives. Here we take a look at 7 such changes:
1. Adhaar card change
From January 1, you will be able to change the date of birth on the Aadhaar card only once at your nearest Aadhaar Centre. To make any change for the second time, you will have to visit the regional centre of UIDAI. For making changes in address, you will have to wait for a longer period. UIDAI will send a PIN number at the new address. Only with the new PIN number address would be changed.
2. IRCTC ticket booking: Quick confirmation of waiting tickets
From 2019, the Indian Railways is introducing a facility that would send information about vacant seats to the ticket checker, who would thereafter distribute the seats to waitlisted ticket-holders.
3. No tax on pension schemes
From January 1, National Pension Scheme comes under the "E-E-E" category. That means, there is no need to pay tax on NPS.
4. Old chequebooks invalid
From today, only CTS-2010 cheques are valid for cash withdrawal from banks. For clearance, CTS cheque need not be sent to other banks. Instead, the process is completed online.
5. Accidental insurance
In the new year, the accidental insurance cover will be increased from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 15 lakh. After a subscriber pays the premium, the receipt would be sent on mobile via SMS.
6. Old ATM cards invalid
From SBI to HDFC, all magstripe-based ATM cards become invalid from today. Only, EMV chip-based cards will work from now on.
7. Cars to cost more
From January 1, all carmakers are reportedly going to increase the car prices.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.