IRCTC Rail Connect on mobile: Know how to book train ticket online on mobile in easy 15 steps
One ticketing option which is working wonders for the Indian Railways is IRCTC Rail Connect mobile app.
Indian Railways has revolutionized its ticketing infrastructure in the last decade. From online ticket booking using website and mobile apps to ticket booking using Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVM), the railways has been working to ease the ticketing process. Though these moves have reduced the number of people at the ticket counters but not significantly. As per latest data, registered users with IRCTC account for just over 6 crore. One ticketing option which is working wonders for the public transporter is IRCTC Rail Connect mobile app. It has over 3 crore downloads so far. If you want to know how to book train ticket using IRCTC Rail Connect app, here's a step by step guide for you:
1. Download the app from Google Play Store. On opening, it will ask for two permissions -
i. Allow IRCTC Rail Connect to Phone
ii. Allow IRCTC Rail Connect to access photos, media and filed on your device. Tap on allow to give the app required permission.
2. Tap on 'Train Ticket' option
3. It will ask you to enter your Username and Password. If you are a new user, tap on 'Register' to create your user id and password. You will also have to set a 4 digit m-PIN.
4. Once you login successfully, you will see 7 options under 'Train Ticketing' column. These are - 'Plan My Journey', 'PNR Enquiry', 'My Bookings', 'Failed Transaction', 'File TDR', 'Refund History', and 'Charts/Vacancy'.
5. Tap on 'Plan My Journey' to book your ticket
6. Enter 'From' and 'To' stations name.
7. Select the journey date and tap on 'Search Train'. You will now see a list of train running on the route. You will also see options to select the quotas like Ladies, Tatkal, Lower Berth/Sr Citizen, Premium Tatkal, and Divyangjan. Select any of these if applicable.
8. Now tap on the train name in which you want to book a ticket >> tap on berth class i.e. 1A for First AC, 2A for 2nd AC, 3A for AC 3-tier and SL for Sleeper Class, CC for Chair Class, and so on.
9. After tapping on the berth class, you can see the availability of seats for next six days (including the selected date)
10. Tap on 'Book Now' to start your ticket booking.
11. Chose between Yes and No for Travel Insurance
12. Tap on 'Add Passenger' to create your travellers' list, Tap on 'Add Child (below 5 years) to add any children in the list.
Watch This Zee Business Video
13. Enter mobile number and tap on 'Book Ticket'
14. Enter the captcha code and tap on 'Proceed To Payment'.
15. Select from two payment options: 'e-Wallets' and 'BHIM/UPI, Netbanking, Credit/Debit/Cash Cards, others to make your payment.
That's all. You now know how to book a train ticket on mobile using the IRCTC Rail Connect app.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.