IRCTC connecting journey booking rules 2019: Know the process, salient features and eligibility
If you are a train passenger and have booked tickets between a pair of stations for which direct trains are not be available on a particular date, then IRCTC website has introduced a facility to link the PNR numbers of these two connecting journeys. This is available on the IRCTC e-ticketing website and the IRCTC mobile application. Two PNRs can be linked with the one having first journey lap being the main journey PNR and the later one will be connected part. To allow linking of two PNRs for connecting journey for both eTicket and PRS counter tickets or combination of both implemented on IRCTC w.e.f 01-APR-2019.
What is the process of linking two PNRs:
1. An option "Connecting journey booking" is provided under the main menu ‘TRAINS’
2. Select the train for a journey.
3. Check the accommodation availability in a train on train list Page.
4. Click on the option ‘Book Now’, you will require the connecting PNR.
5. User needs to input the eligible counter ticket or PNR booked with the same user ID for which connecting Journey ticket will be booked.
6. Input PNR would be checked and if the passenger is eligible for connecting Journey booking, the details of the Input PNR would be auto-populated for booking the ticket.
Passenger should also know that if the tickets are been booked against the counter ticket, then OTP verification would be done before fetching passenger details.
Here are some of the Salient features:
1. Journey terminating station of the main journey should match with Journey originating station of the connecting journey.
2. PNR From station and boarding station should be same and PNR To station and reserved up to should be the same.
3. Passenger details including Name/age/gender are both PNRs should be same. Any changes shall not be allowed for connected PNRs.
4. Only Confirm ticket is allowed for connecting journey ticket booking option.
5. Day difference between the main journey and the connecting journey should not be more than 5 days and a minimum of 1 minute.
6. To link PRS Counter ticket with eTicket, Counter Ticket must have a mobile number. For such case, OTP (for authentication) will be sent on PRS Counter ticket mobile number.
7. On Partial cancellation of any connected PNR, it will be de-linked.
9. One should also know that TQ/PT/FT Quota ticket or current booking PNR is not allowed for connecting journey ticket booking.
10. VIKALP Option is not allowed on connected journey ticket.